Blackbird Interactive is recruiting new Level/Mission Designers to join our team. If you are a passionate and talented individual with a desire to create world class entertainment experiences, we would love to hear from you.
Blackbird and its team of industry veterans are creating the first original Homeworld game in more than a decade. Building on the gameplay and technology they started developing long ago on HARDWARE: Shipbreakers, they are now working in collaboration with Gearbox software to create Homeworld: Shipbreakers, a thrilling prequel to the Homeworld saga.
- To conceive, prototype, implement and iterate on campaign style mission content such as narrative delivery and scripted sequences, objective implementation, layout, tutorial/help systems, and tuning
- Work with within your discipline to review other designers missions, have your missions reviewed and work together to heighten the quality of the entertainment experience
- Collaborate with artists and audio designers on ways to communicate and enhance the aesthetic implementation of the levels you work with
- Assess requirements and provide effort estimates and updates to help ensure the team reaches it's goals successfully
- Demonstratable experience building and polishing RTS style levels/missions (school projects, mods, community maps)
- Self direction and a proven ability to thrive in a highly dynamic and technical environment
- Strong inter-disciplinary collaboration skills, including verbal and written skills
- Experience with and understanding of scripting languages and tools
- Available for full time & on-site work in Vancouver, BC
- Diploma or certificate from a post-secondary Game Design program
- Experience playing modern RTS games such as Starcraft and Company of Heroes, as well as MOBA's like League of Legends.
- Demonstrated passion for entertainment products / media (i.e. comics, movies, novels, etc.)
- Unity 3D Experience
- Competitive salary
- Extended Health & Dental benefits
- Generous vacation and sick day allowances
- Qualified applicants may be eligible for stock options
- Other studio programs related to maintaining the health and well being of our staff
Applications must include a cover letter and resume.
Blackbird's Recent Press: