Do you like solving problems? Are you an analytical thinker with a knack for non-linear logic? Do you enjoy interacting with people?
We are seeking a Technical Support Engineer to provide world-class technical support to customers, businesses, developers, and partners on Bitcasa's applications (web, desktop, mobile) and APIs. You are a friendly, polished communicator who is inherently interested in problem solving and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is delivered with every customer touch. You will be working with Development and QA to resolve technical issues and provide customer insights to Product Management.
- Provide timely, accurate, and engaging solutions to customers, businesses, partners, and developers world-wide
- Resolve escalated and complex technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting
- Create reproducible test cases, file bug reports, and coordinate delivery of fixes
- Maintain and track detailed records for all customer interactions in our internal ticketing system (Zendesk)
- Author knowledge base articles for common issues
- Participate on technically focused conference calls with customers and Bitcasa engineers
- Participate in regular cross-functional team meetings with Engineering, Ops, and QA representing support and acting as an advocate for customers
- Develop and document best practices for support process improvements
- Be a technical resource to train/mentor other support engineers
- Occasional after hours/on-call work may be required
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical field required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in large scale, top internet company highly preferred in a technical support role
- Experience interacting and supporting small to enterprise-sized businesses
- Experience troubleshooting SaaS environments is strongly preferred
- Extensive experience troubleshooting Microsoft Windows (MCSE/MCP)
- Extensive experience troubleshooting Mac OS X
- Familiarity with Linux distributions (Debian, Ubuntu, or Fedora)
- Knowledge of REST API and web applications
- Knowledge writing and executing SQL queries
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting network-related issues including capturing and analyzing network traces
- Outstanding account management, follow-through and problem solving skills, resourceful, and detail oriented
- Friendly, outgoing, personable with strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be a good listener, creative, intuitive, resourceful and able to resolve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with Zendesk and JIRA a plus
- Independent, self-start, and team player
What you need to do to apply
Fill out the application form and use the cover letter area to win us over. We receive a ton of resumes everyday and we want to see how each applicant set themselves apart from the rest. Tell us where you've been, what you're doing, and where you're going. Give us a clear view of your technical skills, and tell us why you want to work at Bitcasa. Include some quick product feedback as well. Let us know what you like, and tell us what needs work.
If you apply, make sure you want to be a part of the team and show us you're serious. Be creative, be candid, and be sincere. Resumes are great, but don't make it the center of your application. We're not keen on bullet points or boring job titles.