Come join the Bitcasa team!
Take advantage of an amazing opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing start up company. Work in a laid back environment that offers magnificent perks including daily catered lunch, a prime location on Castro street, and of course, an all-star team.
Bitcasa is the personal app that offers access to an Infinite Drive across all devices with support for Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, and Windows RT.
Users never have to worry about running out of disk space again. They can save, access, and share an unlimited number of documents, pictures, music, and movies from any device. Everything is encrypted locally and backed up in the cloud, so user data is always safe and secure.
Bitcasa was founded by former Mastercard and Mozy employees and backed by top-tier investors, including Horizons Ventures, First Round, CrunchFund, Pelion Venture Partners, Samsung Ventures, and Andreessen Horowitz.
At Bitcasa the Systems Engineer will combine software development, networking, and systems engineering expertise to build and run the Bitcasa Platform. We are looking for creative engineers, who are technology enthusiasts and have a strong desire to make services better for the end users.
- Manage availability, scalability and efficiency of the Bitcasa platform by engineering reliability into software and systems
- Respond to and resolve emerging problems. Create tools and automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Participate in software and system performance analysis and tuning, service capacity planning and demand forecasting
- Create and utilize tools to collect key metrics and troubleshoot application performance
- Manage and monitor production software releases
- Deploy systems as necessary for scaling
- Participate in on-call duty and respond quickly to critical issues
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, including with Unix/Linux systems requiring the use of languages like Python, Perl, & Ruby
- 3+ years experience with virtualization and object storage
- Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment
- In-depth knowledge of Linux, networking, and shell scripting
- Knowledge of one or more high-level scripting language such as Python, Ruby or Perl
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet or Chef preferred
- Programming and troubleshooting skills in C/C++ and/or Java a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or 3+ years relevant experience in related field
- Wants to live the disruptive Start-Up life: rapid releases, quick decisions, lot's of autonomy
- Have decent Foosball, Chess or Galaga skills (or a willingness to learn)