Mountain View, CA | Operations
Axcient is one of the Bay Area’s top 10 fastest growing companies and top 10 best places to work, as ranked in Inc. magazine, the Silicon Valley Business Journal, and San Francisco Business Times. The Axcient cloud platform eliminates IT downtime and data loss for businesses by replicating laptops, desktops and servers to the cloud for easy file restore, application recovery and system failover. Axcient currently protects hundreds of thousands of machines and billions of files and applications in the Axcient cloud. In fact, more than 400,000 GB of new data is uploaded to the Axcient cloud each month.
Disrupting a Legacy Market:
At Axcient, we’re at the cutting edge of cloud computing, big data and next generation user experience as we build one of the largest, most scalable cloud infrastructures in the world. We are a team of disruptors and innovators committed to building the next market leader in the $30B data protection services market. We're taking on an industry that has been dominated by legacy enterprise software and hardware companies for decades, and standing it on its head by leveraging virtualization and cloud technologies.
Because we hire only the best and brightest, we nourish that talent with an environment where people can innovate, thrive, and pursue their passions. Our competitive compensation package includes stock options, 401(k), and comprehensive health benefits – along with access to perks like free lunches and weekly team workout sessions.
The Storage Architect is responsible for the design, setup, management and maintenance of Axcient’s mission critical Hybrid Cloud Storage data center service infrastructure. This position is the hardware and software lead and go- to-individual for resolving complex customer issues with the storage system. The individual in this position will be instrumental in developing SaaS operations standard operating procedures and processes and structuring a blueprint for replicating and administering storage systems in new data centers.
- Work collaboratively with operations and engineering in new system design, process improvement, and resolving complex technical problems.
- Develop predictable capacity planning for storage and compute (standard thresholds and configurations Perform fault studies and reliability analysis for mission critical systems.
- Develop default setting for all services required to support storage clusters.
- Configure, install, deploy and monitor Linux systems.
- Configure and maintain network and network devices.
- Perform back up, file replications and script management for servers.
- Plan, coordinate and manage installation and maintenance activities
- Perform operational support tasks as required to maintain storage system uptime.
- Recognize and identify work that needs to be performed with a sense of urgency and ownership for improving the overall environment.
- Own problem resolution, facilitate discussions, and provide status updates during critical situation outages.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of storage infrastructure problems.
- Participate in problem management and root cause analysis and maintain 24x7 availability and monitoring of business system servers
- Update and maintain Data Center processes, change management, daily operations, outage and emergency processes.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Recent, demonstrated experience with mission critical linux based data center storage systems
- Ability to crack tough technical problems quickly when a solution is not immediately obvious.
- Ability to work well with customers and in a cross-team environment; customer and team focused.
Meaningful, recent experience with most of the following is required:
- Expert with the linux command shell
- Large file system expertise
- System administration
- Servers, including VM based systems
- Data center networking infrastructure
- VPN servers
- Large scale-out NAS systems
- Strong expertise in at least one scripting language – perl, bash, ruby, etc.
- Optional, but highly desirable skill sets:
- Experience with svn and jira
- Experience with globally dispersed data centers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- A high-energy individual with sound judgment who is sensitive to the needs of a small and rapidly growing company.