Software Engineer - Virtualization
Mountain View, CA | Engineering
Axcient is one of the Bay Area’s top 10 fastest growing companies and top 10 best places to work, as ranked in Inc. magazine, the Silicon Valley Business Journal, and San Francisco Business Times. The Axcient cloud platform eliminates IT downtime and data loss for businesses by replicating laptops, desktops and servers to the cloud for easy file restore, application recovery and system failover. Axcient currently protects hundreds of thousands of machines and billions of files and applications in the Axcient cloud. In fact, more than 400,000 GB of new data is uploaded to the Axcient cloud each month.
Disrupting a Legacy Market
At Axcient, we’re at the cutting edge of cloud computing, big data and next generation user experience as we build one of the largest, most scalable cloud infrastructures in the world. We are a team of disruptors and innovators committed to building the next market leader in the $30B data protection services market. We're taking on an industry that has been dominated by legacy enterprise software and hardware companies for decades, and standing it on its head by leveraging virtualization and cloud technologies. Learn more about us at www.axcient.com or follow us @Axcient.
Because we hire only the best and brightest, we nourish that talent with an environment where people can innovate, thrive, and pursue their passions. Our competitive compensation package includes stock options, 401(k), and comprehensive health benefits – along with access to perks like free lunches and weekly team workout sessions.
Axcient is building the next generation web experience for the Axcient cloud platform, which sweeps industry awards for its innovative approach to eliminating business downtime and data loss. We’re looking for a Software Engineer – Virtualization, who will be responsible for building the systems that keep our customer’s servers up and running, including failover to the cloud. This candidate must be an accomplished engineer who can design, develop and maintain software in C/C++ in Linux and Windows platforms.
- Design, develop and maintain software in C/C++ in Linux and Windows platforms
- Develop unit tests and automated tests
- Debug software using GDB, Valgrind and other debugging tools
- Design and develop storage and integration modules for hypervisors
- Design and develop system drivers for hypervisors
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, or a Masters with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Experience and technical understanding of server virtualization concepts (VMware, Citrix Xen, Hyper-V)
- Experience and technical understanding of storage virtualization, thin provisioning and snapshots
- Linux system architecture, specifically for block storage target application