Software Engineer - Virtualization
Mountain View, CA | Engineering
Software Engineer- Virtualization
Axcient is on a blistering growth path with 3,116% revenue growth over the past 3 years and has been named the fastest security company in the nation by Inc Magazine. With such great momentum comes great challenges and this is where you come in.
If you want to join a company where people know you by name and recognize you as a key player in orchestrating the disruption of a $30 billion dollar industry, then Axcient is the place you have been looking for.
Axcient is building the next generation web experience for the Axcient cloud platform, which sweeps industry awards for its innovative approach to eliminating business downtime and data loss. We’re looking for a Software Engineer – Virtualization, who will be responsible for building the systems that keep our customer’s servers up and running, including failover to the cloud. This candidate must be an accomplished engineer who can design, develop and maintain software in C/C++ in Linux and Windows platforms.
- Design, develop and maintain software in C/C++ in Linux and Windows platforms
- Develop unit tests and automated tests
- Debug software using GDB, Valgrind and other debugging tools
- Design and develop storage and integration modules for hypervisors
- Design and develop system drivers for hypervisors
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, or a Masters with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Experience and technical understanding of server virtualization concepts (VMware, Citrix Xen, Hyper-V)
- Experience and technical understanding of storage virtualization, thin provisioning and snapshots
- Linux system architecture, specifically for block storage target application
Besides enjoying catered lunch twice a week, participating in ping-pong tournaments and using scooters to cross the office, you will also enjoy a competitive compensation package including stock options, 401(k), and comprehensive health benefits.