Senior Software Engineer - Sr. Web Developer
Mountain View, CA | Engineering
Axcient is one of the Bay Area’s top 10 fastest growing companies and top 10 best places to work, as ranked in Inc. magazine, the Silicon Valley Business Journal, and San Francisco Business Times. The Axcient cloud platform eliminates IT downtime and data loss for businesses by replicating laptops, desktops and servers to the cloud for easy file restore, application recovery and system failover. Axcient currently protects hundreds of thousands of machines and billions of files and applications in the Axcient cloud. In fact, more than 400,000 GB of new data is uploaded to the Axcient cloud each month.
Disrupting a Legacy Market:
At Axcient, we’re at the cutting edge of cloud computing, big data and next generation user experience as we build one of the largest, most scalable cloud infrastructures in the world. We are a team of disruptors and innovators committed to building the next market leader in the $30B data protection services market. We're taking on an industry that has been dominated by legacy enterprise software and hardware companies for decades, and standing it on its head by leveraging virtualization and cloud technologies. Follow us @Axcient.
Because we hire only the best and brightest, we nourish that talent with an environment where people can innovate, thrive, and pursue their passions. Our competitive compensation package includes stock options, 401(k), and comprehensive health benefits – along with access to perks like free lunches and weekly team workout sessions.
Axcient is building the next generation web experience for the Axcient cloud platform, which sweeps industry awards for its innovative approach to eliminating business downtime and data loss. We’re looking for Web Developers to join a team of highly talented coders and designers to create a functional design and an elegant code stack. Candidates must exhibit a passion and drive to create smart, visual and interactive design. We want to learn how you develop your design process and how your technical skillsets can be complementary to our team.
- User Experience design for consumer centric web UIs where intuitive ‘ease of use’ is the key driver
- Development of high-fidelity UI prototypes
- Creation of website wireframes
- Driving of web development architecture
- Mentoring of team members
- Html, xhtml
- Ajax, jQuery
- Experience with jira and svn
- LAMP Stack development experience
- Familiarity with the PHP and the PHP development environment
- Experience with Codeigniter or a similar PHP framework
- HTML5 expertise is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, or a Masters with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.