Regional Sales Manager
Mountain View, CA | Sales
Axcient is one of the Bay Area’s top 10 fastest growing companies and top 10 best places to work, as ranked in Inc. magazine, the Silicon Valley Business Journal, and San Francisco Business Times. The Axcient cloud platform eliminates IT downtime and data loss for businesses by replicating laptops, desktops and servers to the cloud for easy file restore, application recovery and system failover. Axcient currently protects hundreds of thousands of machines and billions of files and applications in the Axcient cloud. In fact, more than 400,000 GB of new data is uploaded to the Axcient cloud each month.
Disrupting a Legacy Market:
At Axcient, we’re at the cutting edge of cloud computing, big data and next generation user experience as we build one of the largest, most scalable cloud infrastructures in the world. We are a team of disruptors and innovators committed to building the next market leader in the $30B data protection services market. We're taking on an industry that has been dominated by legacy enterprise software and hardware companies for decades, and standing it on its head by leveraging virtualization and cloud technologies. Follow us @Axcient.
Because we hire only the best and brightest, we nourish that talent with an environment where people can innovate, thrive, and pursue their passions. Our competitive compensation package includes stock options, 401(k), and comprehensive health benefits – along with access to perks like free lunches and weekly team workout sessions.
In this position you will work closely with an Account Manager to maximize Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) and customer satisfaction. You will work as a team to prospect, qualify, and close Axcient product and services sales opportunities to new and existing customers within a designated territory. This position is responsible for recruiting, signing and ramping up MSP and Reseller Partners within the territory. This position requires an enthusiastic personality with a positive attitude and aggressive sales skills as well as a solid understanding of relevant technology and software solution selling.
- Prospect for new customers and partners.
- Qualify new opportunities based on technical, financial, and business fit.
- Manage relationships with MSP and Reseller Partners.
- Update and maintain rolling sales forecast to management in SalesForce.
- Respond to inbound requests (phone, fax, email, etc.) for product/pricing information.
- Coordinate Technical Sales Engineer resources for customer demos and evaluation support.
- Create and maintain all partner Opportunities in SalesForce in order to provide current pipe-line and forecast information to management on a weekly basis.
- Create, submit, and track status of all proposals and price quotations in SalesForce.
- Recruit customers to participate in reference account programs.
- Represent the company at any conferences/trade shows as assigned.
- Manage data gathering, formatting and submission of all responses to RFP’s/RFI’s.
- Role requires flexibility and willingness to communicate with Partners before and after standard business hours as needed to meet quota responsibilities and account for time zone differences.
- Perform other related duties as may be defined by VP of Sales.
- Knowledge of channel partner sales behaviors and value sets.
- Knowledge of sales process methods including qualifying and negotiating skills.
- Knowledge of modern business communication, including style and format of letters, reports, and presentations.
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Highly computer literate in MS Office applications, Outlook, and SalesForce contact management software.
- Team-first attitude, ability to work closely with Account Manager to hit individual and joint sales goals.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and function with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study.
- Minimum 3-5 years software sales experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.