Product Marketing Manager
Mountain View, CA | Marketing
Axcient is one of the Bay Area’s top 10 fastest growing companies and top 10 best places to work, as ranked in Inc. magazine, the Silicon Valley Business Journal, and San Francisco Business Times. The Axcient cloud platform eliminates IT downtime and data loss for businesses by replicating laptops, desktops and servers to the cloud for easy file restore, application recovery and system failover. Axcient currently protects hundreds of thousands of machines and billions of files and applications in the Axcient cloud. In fact, more than 400,000 GB of new data is uploaded to the Axcient cloud each month.
Disrupting a Legacy Market:
At Axcient, we’re at the cutting edge of cloud computing, big data and next generation user experience as we build one of the largest, most scalable cloud infrastructures in the world. We are a team of disruptors and innovators committed to building the next market leader in the $30B data protection services market. We're taking on an industry that has been dominated by legacy enterprise software and hardware companies for decades, and standing it on its head by leveraging virtualization and cloud technologies. Follow us @Axcient.
Because we hire only the best and brightest, we nourish that talent with an environment where people can innovate, thrive, and pursue their passions. Our competitive compensation package includes stock options, 401(k), and comprehensive health benefits – along with access to perks like free lunches and weekly team workout sessions.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Product Marketing Manager will be an innovative and critical leader throughout Axcient. In this key position you will ensure the company’s service offering is the most competitive, as judged by external market-driven criteria. Your past experience demonstrates creative spark with a proven track record of driving rapid growth and award winning software based services for business. You’re an inspired product strategist, with creative ideas for how to disrupt an industry.
- Regularly communicate and engage with customers, partners, sales and industry experts to derive prioritized market requirements by segment.
- Develop and implement go to market strategies for each segment.
- Use market requirements to drive new or enhanced product capabilities, positioning, packaging, pricing and promotions.
- Collaborate with Product Management to conceive of innovative new products and features that address key problems of our customers and prospects, even before customers realize that they need them.
- Ensure the Axcient solution set and value proposition is years ahead of the competition.
- Conduct market research and competitive analyses of direct competitors and substitutes.
- Communicate results of analyses and positioning to sales, product management and channel partners.
- Provide leadership in product messaging, branding, naming, positioning and pricing.
- Provide substantive content for product collateral and website.
- Provide thoughtful leadership in the industry – writing (traditional and social media), speaking, and presenting.
- Provide content and serve as spokesperson for market and industry analysts.
- Up to 20% travel.
- BA, preferably with an academic focus in marketing; MBA a plus
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing (with a strong focus on outbound product marketing).
- Track record of exemplary outbound product marketing leadership in an enterprise or SMB-focused (B2B) context.
- Must have created and managed, from conception to implementation, an innovative and game-changing go to market strategy based on external market requirements.
- Proven ability to provide leadership and influence across diverse functions – R&D, sales, product management, and executives.
- Experience in messaging, branding, positioning, marketing communications, working with press or analysts, demand gen
- Excellent written and verbal communications, including presentations.
- Experience building product roadmaps is a plus.
- Experience working with backup, storage or business continuity products is a plus.