Algentis – HR Business Partner
Algentis is the premier HR Services firm in California and the HR Business Partner will be a critical contributor to the company’s long term success.
Algentis is an integrated HR Services firm that handles HR compliance, payroll, benefits, and insurance. Algentis acts as a virtual HR department for clients and saves them money with discounted employee benefits and as a more cost-efficient alternative to dealing with these administrative burdens internally. Algentis’ clients are an impressive collection of established organizations as well as the fastest-growing companies in the Bay Area backed by VCs and Angel Investors. Algentis works with companies with as few as 2 employees as well as those who have 100+ employees.
The founders of Algentis are committed to building an organization that values work-life balance where employees are motivated, happy, and challenged. Their goal is to create: (1) a highly successful enterprise and (2) the most enviable place to work. For more firm-specific information, such as company values, please visit the website (http://www.algentis.com).
Do you enjoy being a trusted advisor? Are you seeking an opportunity to apply both your HR knowledge and relationship management skills in your job every day? Are you excited by the prospect of working side by side with the Bay Area’s most talented high tech innovators? Algentis is recognized as the go-to HR Services provider for high growth companies in the San Francisco Bay Area. As an HR Business Partner you will leverage your human resources expertise and client service skills to build and maintain client relationships. Human resources is not a back office function at Algentis. HR is what we do!
This is a dynamic role that will require you to meet with your clients in the field and consult via phone and email as well. The HR Business Partner conducts onsite annual benefits renewal meetings with clients and open enrollment meetings with client employees. While you will manage other team members to service each client, as the most senior person on the client team, our clients’ satisfaction is ultimately your responsibility. Your role touches all areas of Algentis’ service offering including payroll, benefits, HR, employee relations, risk management, LOA, legal compliance and training and development.
The right candidate has subject matter expertise in the areas of payroll, benefits and HR compliance and strategy, an aptitude for consulting and an outgoing customer service approach and philosophy.
– BA/BS degree
– Confident and comfortable in front of C-level client executives and entrepreneurs
– Account management and/or customer service experience
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– 5+ years of HR generalist experience
– Supervisory experience
– Very comfortable with employee benefits and payroll concepts
– High level of organization and attention to detail
– High level of personal and professional accountability and integrity
– The ability to quickly prioritize and multi-task in a high volume work environment
– Flexibility in the face of changing priorities and demanding clients
– Flexibility to travel to client sites around the Bay Area (reimbursed)
– PHR/SPHR certification a plus, but not required
Job Status: Full-Time
Location: Flexible - Able to work remotely to accommodate travel to client meetings, with the expectation that you will otherwise work from one of our offices in San Francisco and Walnut Creek.
Time Off: 16 days of paid time off in addition to 9 paid holidays for a total of 5 weeks of time off
– Medical, Dental, Vision (100% covered for employee)
– Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account for health and dependent care expenses
– Company-matching 401K plan
– Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
Other Benefits: Algentis is focused on creating a unique work environment for employees and uses creative benefits as one way to accomplish this goal. Other benefits Algentis offers include team building community service activities and monthly Company happy hour events.
Additional Steps to Apply
In addition to providing your resume, please also answer the following questions either on your resume or cover letter before you upload them:
1) Why are you interested in this position and how does it fit into your career goals?
2) This role is client facing. What experience do you have with client service?