Software Engineer at ZeroCater in San Francisco, CA
Why join the navy if you can be a pirate?
We make it simple for companies to feed their employees. Google and Facebook provide lunch for a reason - the best ideas happen over food. We want to bring that to everyone.
Though our product is early, we've already got meaningful traction: hundreds of companies have used ZeroCater to feed their employees, companies you've heard of, like eBay, Verizon, AOL, and Justin.tv.
We also have great backing: We're a Y Combinator company (voted #1 on our alumni demo day!). We've raised over $1.5M from investors such as Paul Buchheit (creator of Gmail), Keith Rabois (COO of Square), SV Angel, and Yuri Milner.
Our office is easily accessible: located in the Jackson Square Historic District of San Francisco, within a few blocks of the best the city has to offer for beer, cafes, and restaurants. We offer great health insurance coverage, daily catered meals, and every employee receives a $500 annual budget for cooking lessons!
We hire generalists. We're built on Django, but we know that good developers can quickly learn new things, so don't hesitate to get in touch. We just want you to be smart, get stuff done, and have a good sense for design.
- Work in a small team to keep our customers happily fed
- Think up (and argue about!) clever new solutions for tough problems like keeping food on-time, measuring performance of our vendors, and maintaining a reliable but extensible menu system
- Do everything from hacking out bash scripts to monitor our servers to CSS tweaks
- Quickly learn new skills to be able to take on whatever comes
- Some demonstrated experience hacking elsewhere - code samples are best
- Strong desire to learn new things and become an even better developer
- Good design taste
- You love food
- You have experience in UX design, and can show us code samples/a portfolio
- Technical background: a degree in CS, EE, math, physics, etc.
- You have worked at a startup before
- Stock options
- Lunch catered from the best local restaurants every day
- Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Team-building activities like wine tastings and cooking classes
- 5 hours of your very own Executive Assistant through EXEC for personal use each month
- Send us your resume along with links to your work!