Lead Software Engineer at ZeroCater in San Francisco, CA
Why join the navy if you can be a pirate?
We make it simple for companies to feed their employees. Google and Facebook provide lunch for a reason - the best ideas happen over food. We want to bring that to everyone.
Though our product is early, we've already got meaningful traction: hundreds of companies have used ZeroCater to feed their employees, companies you've heard of, like eBay, Verizon, AOL, and Justin.tv.
We also have great backing: We're a Y Combinator company (voted #1 on our alumni demo day!). We've raised over $1.5M from investors such as Paul Buchheit (creator of Gmail), Keith Rabois (COO of Square), SV Angel, and Yuri Milner.
Our office is easily accessible: located in the Jackson Square Historic District of San Francisco, within a few blocks of the best the city has to offer for beer, cafes, and restaurants. We offer great health insurance coverage, daily catered meals, and every employee receives a $500 annual budget for cooking lessons!
Lead Software Engineer
We're looking for an experienced developer to lead our technical team and set the vision for engineering while we rebuild the office lunch. You'll be the head of all technical efforts, managing projects and priorities, and also be working directly on the code frequently. You should have substantial web development experience and a passion for building something great. This is an opportunity to step in with a company that is still small but has a proven business model and have a huge amount of responsibility and influence over its direction, so we want people with strong thoughts on how a good engineering team functions.
- Set technical direction and make architectural choices.
- Determine priorities for engineering projects and lead the team's technical efforts
- Provide technical guidance to the engineering team, helping people write fast, readable, maintainable code.
- Get your hands dirty frequently at all levels of the technology stack in code and design.
- Hold regular 1 on 1 meetings with all members of the engineering team to address people's questions and concerns.
- 5+ years of web development experience
- Computer Science degree
- You've managed a team
- You've worked at a startup
- You can send us a portfolio of projects you've built outside work or school
- You love food
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Daily lunch from the best local restaurants, caterers, food trucks, and popup kitchens
- Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Team-building activities like wine tastings and cooking classes
- 5 hours of your very own Executive Assistant through EXEC for personal use each month
- Fine Alcohol Fridays and Reginald the Kegerator (Reggie to his friends.)
- Send us your resume and show us something you've built!