Senior Software Engineer UX at Zephyr Health in San Francisco, CA
Senior UI Software Engineer
Passionate about building user friendly web applications with super-slick interactivity? “Code rock-star”? Then check out Zephyr’s Senior UI Software Engineer position. The role is responsible for the delivery of excellent code in response to a whole playground of interesting business challenges.
You will be part of the new team Zephyr is building, so this is a great opportunity to get involved at the ground floor of a startup with big ambitions.
What qualifies you to join?
- Mountains of experience in programming web applications
- A deep love of the Web 2.0 world and exceptional interface design
Why should you join us?
- We live and breath healthy code, just like you.
- We want to work as a team to advance your skills and productivity
- We understand that you should be rewarded for your abilities.
- We are fun loving and encourage work-life balance.
- 4/5 years design/coding/testing/implementing experience
- Agile/SCRUM development experience.
- Superb understanding of web standards and the separation of content, presentation and behavior.
- Familiarity with cross-browser intricacies
Nice to Have
- Passion for UCD process and practices. Ability to champion/advocate them within the organization.
- Experience with advanced CSS techniques; the box model, table-less layouts, fluid layouts, and CSS3.
- Familiarity with web accessibility standards.
- Familiarity with Bootstrap or other layout frameworks.
- Experience of source code control with Git or Subversion
- Past success in a start-up environment
- Advanced CS or Engineering Degree
- Motivating and working closely with a team of developers
- Strong business savvy and technical analytical ability – able to develop robust applications from business requirements documentation.
- Provide feedback on business requirements documentation to ensure resolution of any apparent ambiguity or contradictions.
- Participation in the selection and implementation of third party software to support design and maintenance.
- Developing and communicating workload estimates (ie. Creation of workload breakdown plan to define and track software development efforts)
- Delivering functionality within estimated effort and time frames
- Conduct Design reviews with stakeholder team.
- Conduct code reviews for their team members to ensure standards compliance.
- Communicate issues and status information to stakeholder team.
- Must be legally able to work in the US
- Must be located in San Francisco
- No agencies