Cloud Network Engineer at Zenprise in Redwood City, CA
Cloud Network Engineer
About us: Zenprise develops and markets mobile management software that empowers companies to manage and secure their mobile infrastructure and transform enterprise mobility into a competitive business advantage. Our award-winning Zenprise MobileManager™ software is the first all-in-one platform with monitoring, device management, security, and expense management for BlackBerry, Google Android, iPhone, iPad, Palm and Windows Mobile devices.
About the Job:
- Create VPN tunnels between Zenprise network and Customer network
- Implement security policies and procedures in the cloud environment.
- Basic Linux system administrator tasks, such as building Linux servers.
- Automation scripted provisioning, performance management and optimizations.
- Implement security management and operational management tools and technologies.
- Learn, discover and practice cutting edge approaches to IT operations.
- Dig into and solve challenging problems and proactively avoid problems.
- 5- 6 years of experience in network operations, specifically setting up VPN tunnels.
- 4 -5 years of experience as Linux System administrator. Strong Linux/Unix skill.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in customer facing role
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Deployments and operations of 24x7 high volume, highly available systems at a mid to large size business.
- Cloud computing experience (Amazon AWS or others) desired.
- Cloud scaling and automation experience desired.
- Open source software including Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, HAProxy, TomCat Clustering, Java, Linux required.
- Experience with scripted provisioning, general automation of routine tasks.
- Experience with networks, security, firewalls, load balancers, DNS and other infrastructure components.
Really Nice to Have:
- Experience using AWS.
- Any level of experience as a MySQL DBA.
For more information, please visit