Release Engineer at Xamarin in Cambridge, MA
Xamarin is looking for release engineers to help us package our mobile products for both Mac and Windows platforms.
Our mission is to build the best developer tool in the world for mobile devices. For most people on the planet, their first and primary experience with software will be on a mobile device. We want to make their lives better.
Our customers love our software. In a recent customer survey, 90% of paying customers said they would be "very disappointed" if they could no longer use our product.
You can learn a little more about our products here.
- Build packages for existing software and deliver those for Mac and Windows.
- Build and package new software for Mac and Windows.
- Update our packaging processes to cope with changes in OSX and Windows.
- Maintain existing build system infrastructure.
- Maintain our continuous integration system.
- Unix shell experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft MSI
- Familiarity with Unix build systems or Windows build systems
- Familiarity with GNU autoconf, automake and libtool
- Knowledge of any of Python, Perl or Ruby scripting languages
- C# experience
- RPM experience or Debian packaging experience
Good benefits: medical, dental, etc.
Four weeks vacation per year.
This job is located in Cambridge, MA.