Public Relations Manager at Winery Exchange in Novato, CA
Winery Exchange, is the only full-service, value-added, corporate brand beverage alcohol company that sources beer, wine and spirits from the finest regions worldwide. Winery Exchange currently supplies over 325 different products to retailers and consumers globally, produces product in 22 countries on 5 different continents, and ships product to 9 countries in Asia, Europe, Australasia and North America. Winery Exchange offers a unique working environment, with the pace of an entrepreneurial start-up and the down-to-earth atmosphere found in the Northern California wine industry. Winery Exchange seeks people who are passionate about making a difference in the industry and their careers.
Our Marketing department is looking for a Public Relations Manager. The ideal candidate for this position will have a few years of experience working in a PR for a larger beverage alcohol company and is looking to spread their wings and grow in their PR career. At this time we are only focusing on candidates within beverage alcohol industry. This position will require a flexible schedule as there will be occasional overnight travel to events and tastings.
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume and cover letter addressing the following questions. We want to know that you're serious about this position so applicants who respond accordingly will be given preference.
- Please detail how your most recent work experience applies to this position.
- Bonus points for including a sample of your copywriting work.
- Please confirm that you are able to commute to our Novato office full time.
Corporate Public Relations
· Maintain and distribute Winery Exchange press kit materials & content.
· Develop Press Releases for newsworthy information & developments.
· Pitch media with relevant company news.
· Enter the company in competitions and business ranking publications.
· Manage corporate web site content and social media presence & following.
· Monitor online activity and buzz regarding the company.
· Assignment & preparation of appropriate company spokespersons for specific press interview requests.
· Create & maintain conventional and entrepreneurial business press relationships.
Brand Specific Public Relations
· Produce, distribute and maintain press kits where appropriate (4 National Brands)
· Consultative role with PR agency for Ogio
· Produce & distribute press releases when warranted.
· Represent brands at select consumer, trade & press events.
· Create and maintain wine, beer, spirits, lifestyle and food media lists & relationships.
· Manage Editorial Reviews.
· Pitch media with relevant news articles (label redesign, new flavors/varietals, launch of brands, etc.)
- Bachelors Degree, Business Administration specialization preferred.
- One to three years experience in Beverage Alcohol Public Relations role.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Copywriting experience (samples requested.)
- Proficient or advanced PC skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work autonomously in fast changing environment.
- Ability to manage assignments from multiple supervisors.
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks and deadlines and effectively prioritize.
- Strong “team work” orientation and the ability to bring out the best in those who work with you.
- Highly organized and deadline driven.
- Flexible schedule required. Some work may include weekends, nights and travel with overnight stays.
- Bonus points if you have specific contacts and connections with trade publications in the beverage alcohol industry.
- Winery Exchange offers a casual work environment with the pace and opportunity of a tech startup but the culture only found in the wine industry. We pride ourselves on being friendly, flexible, and very passionate about what we do. We offer a full benefits package and generous PTO starting at 19 days per year.