Wine.com c# .net Software Engineer at wine.com in San Francisco, CA
About the Company:
Wine.com, the nation’s leading online wine store, is looking for a smart, high energy, entrepreneurial software developer who is passionate about using technology to reinvent the customer experience in the wine category. Our mission is to make it fun, easy and risk-free for our customers to discover great new wines from all over the world, whether shopping for themselves or sending gifts. We operate corporate offices in San Francisco, CA, as well as distribution centers in many other states across the country.
About the Position:
You will be responsible for developing scalable, robust, software for our consumers and our internal operations. If you are an ASP.NET and C# developer with the skills to develop front to back web applications, this is your job! We are looking for people who can solve problems quickly and love being interrupted with challenges! Multi-tasking ability is a key to success here. We have migrated most code to keep up with the fast paced change: .net 4.0, jQuery, and a custom ORM mapper, Entity Framework 4.1, and are always looking out for cutting edge technologies that solve problems. We are working on some exciting projects in the coming months, including a updates to our Mobile Optimized MVC3 Website.
- Work with business users to define and implement customer experiences and operational tools.
- Support our business with ad-hoc issues.
- Work well in our team, sharing knowledge, best practices, and pitching in with ideas.
- Enjoy small, big projects, and even some roll-up your sleaves get it done work
- Minimum 3 years of C#, Asp.net, and SQL development experience
- C# .net 3.5 and 4.0 experience, including Linq
- Sql Server 2005 / 2008 experience
- Can do attitude with startup mentality to work under pressure and deal with ambiguity and change
- Great communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in designing and building web-based applications using HTML / CSS / JS/ C# / ASP.Net
- Ability to directly interface with co-workers in all functions of the business (e.g. Operations, Marketing, Customer Service, etc.)
- Creativity, flexibility, intelligence and integrity
Ideally, the candidate will also have:
- Strong understanding agile development cycle
- High degree of Object Oriented philosophies and design pattern understanding ( and when not to use them)
- Interest in high volume, high quality e-commerce
- Experience with Web Services
- Passion for wine
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills