User Experience Design Director at Wildfire Interactive, Inc. in Redwood City...
About Wildfire Interactive:
Recently selected as one of the “Best Places to Work," Wildfire is a rapidly expanding, VC-funded tech startup positioned squarely on top of the social media marketing revolution. Our platform allows brand managers and marketers of all sizes to easily attract, engage and interact with the users and fans of their brands.
- Manage the existing design team, their priorities and deliverables, to provide strategic design vision, leadership as well as guidance.
- Drive design thinking and be a thought leader in creating Lean, customer-centric end-to-end experiences.
- Be a user advocate, lead UX discussions, and champion the UX vision across the organization.
- Facilitate Scrum teams through the design process, gather actionable feedback from consistent testing, and iterate the appropriate level of changes as gleaned from testing.
- Collaborate with other designers, engineering teams, and business stakeholders to prioritize UX activities throughout the software development life-cycle, in order to consistently deliver high quality experiences that meet business drivers and metrics
- Create innovative and appealing designs in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment through sketches, storyboards, user task flows, wireframes and prototypes.
- Have a great track record in creating highly functional, user-focused, complete, and desirable designs.
- Help stakeholders and product managers understand how to incorporate good user-centered design principles and thinking into the product from the very beginning.
- Be an effective evangelist for UX best practices and user-centered design, establishing common patterns, style guides, and consistency across all products.
- Lead the UX team through the design processes, and partner effectively with cross-functional Scrum teams, and driving cross-team collaboration efforts between them.
- 8+ years’ experience in applied UX design and management
- Track record of building UX teams that incorporate all roles of UED - ethnographic research, information architecture, human-computer interaction design, and visual design.
- Understanding of web and mobile technologies, including emerging standards such as CSS3, HTML5 and the like.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to communicate the value of design to all sorts of people in the organization
- Knowledge of industry trends, design tools, iterative design processes, methodologies, and practices
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Competitive pay
- 15 paid vacation days
- Unlimited sick days
- Individual & dependent health, dental, and vision benefits
- Life, AD&D, S<D insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401k plan
- Stock options
- Casual dress workplace
- Free CalTrain (GoPass)
- Free access to ClubOne Fitness (on-premise)
- Unlimited snacks & beverages
- 3 kegs on tap at all time