We're sorry, but this job has been closed. See other open jobs at Wildfire Interactive, Inc.
Not the right job?
UI/CSS Engineer at Wildfire Interactive, Inc. in Redwood City, CA
About Wildfire Interactive:
Wildfire is a social media marketing software company positioned squarely on top of the social media revolution. We provide an all-in-one social marketing solution for large brands, small businesses and agencies looking to grow, engage and monetize their audiences across social channels. Wildfire is the industry’s de facto innovator for achieving results: our platform has powered more than 200,000 social promotions, and helped thousands of brands manage content and streamline their communications across the social web. No company knows better how to get Likes, fans, and followers, and drive sales. We work with 27 of the World’s Top 50 brands, and count among our clients companies like Pepsi, Virgin Atlantic, Nestle, Facebook and Microsoft.
Headquartered in Redwood City, California, Wildfire has offices around the globe: in Los Angeles, Chicago, New York City, London, Paris, Munich and Singapore. We’ve grown our team from 5 to more than 250 (the largest team in our industry), in just over two years. We are a 2x winner of Facebook’s fbFund, a TechCrunch Crunchies Award nominee, and were named one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times.
We’re looking for HTML/CSS specialists to translate the back-end work of our developers into dynamic UI skins. In this position, you will collaborate with product and engineering to create and execute visual design. Excellent candidates will have a blend of Design and Engineering interests, with several years of experience working professionally in HTML/CSS in an Agile/Scrum environment.
Whether your background is in CS, Design or Web Development, we have no preference so long as you are passionate about UI implementation and web technologies. You should have a very strong interest in the currently progressing standards associated with HTML5 and CSS3, as well as a working knowledge of older technologies such as IE7 idiosyncrasies.
If you’re interested in joining our fast paced, highly productive team of software developers, please send us a portfolio demonstrating skills and practices in addition to your application.
• Work closely with both software engineers and product managers
• Design and implement top notch products
• Provide design guidance to support a range of technologies
What We’re Looking For:
• Excellent understanding of semantic HTML
• Excellent understanding of and practice with DHTML
• Superb knowledge of CSS2 and burgeoning understanding of CSS3
• Experience with a dynamic template language such as PHP, erb, or HAML
• Knowledge of sass/scss a plus
• 1 or more years of work on an agile development team and experience with SCRUM a plus
• Interest or experience in Ruby on Rails a plus
• Above average communication skills, including verbal and written
• Portfolio demonstrating skills and practices
Compensation & Benefits:
• Competitive salary
• Options package
• 401k plan
• Health & dental insurance
• Transportation reimbursements (Caltrain)
• Full Access to the Club One Fitness Center