About Wildfire Interactive:
Recently selected as one of the “Best Places to Work," Wildfire is a rapidly expanding, VC-funded tech startup positioned squarely on top of the social media marketing revolution. Our platform allows brand managers and marketers of all sizes to easily attract, engage and interact with the users and fans of their brands.
Intuitive, streamlined and affordable, Wildfire's platform is simple enough for even the least tech-savvy business manager to use and flexible enough to suit the needs of the most creative marketer or advertising agency. We’ve powered over 100,000 campaigns, and we count among our clients some of the world’s largest brands, such as Pepsi, Disney, Nestle, American Express, Unilever and Toyota. The success of our product has been recognized by our growing client base as well as established institutions. Wildfire is a 2x winner of the Facebook Fund and a TechCrunch Crunchies Award nominee, was named one of the 250 best private companies in the world by 2010 AlwaysOn Global 250, and was named by The San Francisco Business Times as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area.
We’re looking for HTML/CSS specialists to translate the back-end work of our developers into dynamic UI skins. In this position, you will collaborate with product and engineering to create and execute visual design. Excellent candidates will have a blend of Design and Engineering interests, with several years of experience working professionally in HTML/CSS in an Agile/Scrum environment.
Whether your background is in CS, Design or Web Development, we have no preference so long as you are passionate about UI implementation and web technologies. You should have a very strong interest in the currently progressing standards associated with HTML5 and CSS3, as well as a working knowledge of older technologies such as IE7 idiosyncrasies.
If you’re interested in joining our fast paced, highly productive team of software developers, please send us a portfolio demonstrating skills and practices in addition to your application.
• Work closely with both software engineers and product managers
• Design and implement top notch products
• Provide design guidance to support a range of technologies
What We’re Looking For:
• Excellent understanding of semantic HTML
• Excellent understanding of and practice with DHTML
• Superb knowledge of CSS2 and burgeoning understanding of CSS3
• Experience with a dynamic template language such as PHP, erb, or HAML
• Knowledge of sass/scss a plus
• 1 or more years of work on an agile development team and experience with SCRUM a plus
• Interest or experience in Ruby on Rails a plus
• Above average communication skills, including verbal and written
• Portfolio demonstrating skills and practices
Benefits & Perks:
• Competitive pay
• 15 paid vacation days
• Unlimited sick days
• Individual & dependent health, dental, and vision benefits
• Life, AD&D, S<D insurance
• Flexible spending accounts
• 401k plan
• Stock options
• Casual dress workplace
• Free CalTrain (GoPass)
• Free access to ClubOne Fitness (on-premise)
• Unlimited snacks & beverages
• 3 kegs on tap at all time