We're sorry, but this job has been closed. See other open jobs at Wildfire Interactive, Inc.
Not the right job?
DevOps at Wildfire Interactive, Inc. in Redwood City, CA
About Wildfire Interactive:
Wildfire is a social media marketing software company positioned squarely on top of the social media revolution. We provide an all-in-one social marketing solution for large brands, small businesses and agencies looking to grow, engage and monetize their audiences across social channels. Wildfire is the industry’s de facto innovator for achieving results: our platform has powered more than 200,000 social promotions, and helped thousands of brands manage content and streamline their communications across the social web. No company knows better how to get Likes, fans, and followers, and drive sales. We work with 27 of the World’s Top 50 brands, and count among our clients companies like Pepsi, Virgin Atlantic, Nestle, and Microsoft.
Headquartered in Redwood City, California, Wildfire has offices around the globe: in Los Angeles, Chicago, New York City, London, Paris, Munich and Singapore. We’ve grown our team from 5 to more than 350 (the largest team in our industry), in just over three years. We are a 2x winner of Facebook’s fbFund, a TechCrunch Crunchies Award nominee, and were named one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times.
Our DevOps team oversees server and application deployment and manages clusters on both the AWS platform and OpenStack. As part of the Ops team, DevOps Engineers work with the Dev Team to provide high availability services to our clients. Part of running an HA platform includes on-call duties as well as off-time upgrades and maintenance. Ops Engineers provide input on and execute security and deployment practices, scaling and metrics, as well as running general day-to-day server management.
You must have the ability to think quickly on your feet and respond diligently to on and off-duty alerts.
• Familiarity with linux/UNIX/POSIX systems tooling
• 2+ years experience in systems engineering / administration
• Experience running production IT / web operations
• Understanding of configuration management tools and principles
• Experience in dynamic / interpreted programming languages (such as
shell and/or ruby
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Use of Chef as an automation tool
Additional Desired Experience:
• Familiarity with common open source web service infrastructure:
Ubuntu, Nginx, HAProxy, Syslog, Postfix
• Familiarity with deployment patterns of the following technologies:
Ruby, Rails, Git, MySQL, Memcached, Redis, Cassandra
Benefits & Perks:
• Competitive pay
• Unlimited sick days
• Individual & dependent health, dental, and vision benefits
• Life, AD&D, S<D insurance
• Flexible spending accounts
• 401k plan
• Stock options
• Casual dress workplace
• Free CalTrain (GoPass)
• Free access to ClubOne Fitness (on-premise)
• Unlimited snacks & beverages