Community Manager at Wildfire Interactive, Inc. in Redwood City, CA
About Wildfire Interactive:
Wildfire is a social media marketing software company positioned squarely on top of the social media revolution. We provide an all-in-one social marketing solution for large brands, small businesses and agencies looking to grow, engage and monetize their audiences across social channels. Wildfire is the industry’s de facto innovator for achieving results: our platform has powered more than 200,000 social promotions, and helped thousands of brands manage content and streamline their communications across the social web. No company knows better how to get Likes, fans, and followers, and drive sales. We work with 27 of the World’s Top 50 brands, and count among our clients companies like Pepsi, Virgin Atlantic, Nestle, Facebook and Microsoft.
Headquartered in Redwood City, California, Wildfire has offices around the globe: in Los Angeles, Chicago, New York City, London, Paris, Munich and Singapore. We’ve grown our team from 5 to more than 250 (the largest team in our industry), in just over two years. We are a 2x winner of Facebook’s fbFund, a TechCrunch Crunchies Award nominee, and were named one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times.
We are looking for a Community Manager that is passionate about writing, has great attention to details and is well familiar with community management. You will be tasked with building forums and communities and incentivize clients to start collaborating. In addition, you will be responsible of ensuring that our online knowledge base (tutorials, manuals etc) is kept up to date and expanded as our product develops.
The role requires a strong knowledge of our entire technology suite of tools as well as ability to transfer that knowledge into easily understood online material. You are expected to take a proactive, service-based approach to serving our community, and ideally you are already an active community collaborator of sort.
In summary, you will help us build and manage our online client community as well as manage all our online client content (manuals, tutorials, videos etc). You will foster constructive participation and contributions from our online community that consists of social media professionals, thought leaders, and marketers. In essence, your job will be to own our help & community site in regards to content, structure and engagement.
What We’re Looking For:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2+ years of relevant experience, including proven active participation in the creative professional user community
• Previous online community management experience and working within software collaboration tools such as Jive or force.com
• Work closely with Wildfire’s service team to manage customer's expectations and answer their questions
• Consolidate and share feedback on product reviews and feedback with relevant teams at Wildfire
• Experience working with online communities and social media tools such as forums, podcasts and blogs
• Excellent writing, editing, and information architecture skills.
• Proven ability to organize content and community features on large community websites.
• Excellent professional written, verbal and presentation communication skills with the ability to interact with internal and external clients at all staff levels.
• Empathy for the customer and ability to emotionally connect with our clients
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task to manage multiple projects.
• A strong sense of accountability and highly motivated.
• Able to perform under limited supervision, able to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Strong attention to detail including editing skills.
• Extraordinary enthusiasm that thrives in a fluid and fast-past work environment
• Entrepreneurial problem-solver that loves executing
• Build our online community by encouraging community contributions, discovering community issues and opportunities
• Maintain and manage our Small Business Facebook forum
• Handle customer requests that comes in via social media, work closely with our Social Media Community Manager
• Identify and maintain relationships with key community members
• Maintain current information and constantly looking for update/recycle material on the site as our product updates
• Help customers in same verticals to connect and collaborate
• Design and develop online tutorials
Compensation & Benefits
• Generous salary
• Options package
• Health & dental insurance
• Transportation reimbursements (Caltrain)
• Full Access to Club One Fitness Center