We're sorry, but this job has been closed. See other open jobs at Wildfire Interactive, Inc.
Not the right job?
Chief Data Scientist at Wildfire Interactive, Inc. in Redwood City, CA
About Wildfire Interactive:
Recently selected as one of the “Best Places to Work,” Wildfire is a rapidly expanding, VC-funded tech startup positioned squarely on top of the social media marketing revolution. Our platform allows brand managers and marketers of all sizes to easily attract, engage and interact with the users and fans of their brands.
Intuitive, streamlined and affordable, Wildfire's platform is simple enough for even the least tech-savvy business manager to use and flexible enough to suit the needs of the most creative marketer or advertising agency. We’ve powered over 100,000 campaigns, and we count among our clients some of the world’s largest brands, such as Pepsi, Disney, Nestle, American Express, Unilever and Toyota. The success of our product has been recognized by our growing client base as well as established institutions. Wildfire is a 2x winner of the Facebook Fund and a TechCrunch Crunchies Award nominee, was named one of the 250 best private companies in the world by 2010 AlwaysOn Global 250, and was named by The San Francisco Business Times as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area.
We’re looking for a highly talented and experienced leader of data organizations (8-10yrs) with a focus on data mining and algorithm development and a solid understanding of large data sets, statistics, and data management. As Chief Data Scientist we're counting on you to grow and oversee a team of data analysts and researchers who will collaboratively fulfill advanced data analysis needs focusing on R&D for product development including algorithms, predictive models, and advanced classification and segmentation; and internal reporting and business intelligence. You’ll work closely with engineering and product teams to build cutting edge data-driven marketing solutions.
We'll want you to direct research initiatives and lead analytic strategies that define the social marketing products of the future and position Wildfire as a thought leader in the burgeoning space of social media marketing. From that perspective, you will be a visionary in driving Wildfire’s overall data strategy.
Further, we'll look to you to help put systems in place to mature our data infrastructure from scrappy startup mode to robust, large-data enterprise. We also want to enable relevant stakeholders to have access to the data they need, be it reporting, data exploration, etc. We seek to empower non-technical employees to live by data-driven decision-making and you'll be an instrumental piece in bringing that to fruition.
- 8-10 years research experience with a proven track record of growing and managing data analysis or R&D teams at rapidly evolving software companies
- Heavily involved in mentorship and personal development of employees
- Strong understanding of statistics and data visualization; experience with relevant tools (e.g. R, SAS, etc.)
- Experience with data mining techniques (e.g. clustering, neural networks, etc.)
- Experience with social media metrics a plus
- Experience with nosql solutions like Cassandra, Hadoop, etc. as well as MapReduce and other techniques a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and individuals under aggressive deadlines
- BS/BA/MS/MBA in Math, Statistics, Economics, CS, or related technical field
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive pay
- 15 paid vacation days
- Unlimited sick days
- Individual & dependent health, dental, and vision benefits
- Life, AD&D, S<D insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401k plan
- Stock options
- Casual dress workplace
- Free CalTrain (GoPass)
- Free access to ClubOne Fitness (on-premise)
- Unlimited snacks & beverages
- 3 kegs on tap at all time