Web Back-End Engineer at Wikia, Inc. in Poznań, Poland
Wikia is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content on any topic in any language. Community-created wikis cover everything from the latest games, anime, music and TV shows to eco-friendly living and the world's best chocolate chip recipes. With 275,000 enthusiast communities attracting more than 70 million global unique visitors each month, Wikia is the largest user-generated media company and is a Top 50 site, according to Quantcast. Wikia was founded in 2004 by Jimmy Wales and Angela Beesley, and is headquartered in a brightly colored SOMA office in San Francisco, CA and branches in Poland, UK, Germany.
- Create a scalable back-end infrastructure for our high-traffic consumer web site
- Build analytics, metrics, and other fun with numbers
- Refactor and enhance existing code, improving performance and security.
- LAMP stack
- The ins and outs of MySQL and database schema design
- How to write solid, scalable code (PHP, Python or Perl)
- A thing or two about object oriented design & programming
- English (if you can understand this job ad, you're probably good)
- Have experience with a large, high-traffic website
- Know Memcached
- Know ActiveMQ or a similar message queue
Benefits & Perks
Wikia offers a competitive salary of 4000-7000 PLN (junior) or 7000-12000 PLN (senior) per month (gross), plus stock options. You’ll also get to expand your knowledge and skills with at least two fully paid professional conferences as well as two visits to our San Francisco office per year.