Sales Director - NY at Wikia, Inc. in New York, NY
Wikia is looking for a highly accomplished Sales Director for our East Coast sales team who has a background in interactive advertising with a proven track record of acquiring new business and building/maintaining client relationships. The right candidate will also be highly organized and detailed-oriented, with solid communication skills and the ability to work on multiple projects.
This is an opportunity for an established sales professional with agency and client contacts throughout the East Coast.
This position is full-time, based out of our New York office.
- Meet and exceed sales targets by selling standard media, sponsorships, and custom solutions.
- Conduct consultative and strategic sales by educating agency and client partners on market trends, advertising strategies, and measurement/reporting of conversational marketing to reinforce Wikia as a vital source.
- Own and foster relationships across agencies and clients with a focus on senior level executives to drive revenue growth.
- Identify opportunities and develop recommendations to drive revenue growth outside of the RFP cycle.
- Review RFPs and make recommendations that will deliver results.
- Partner with and mentor Sales Execs to ensure maximum territory penetration and professional development.
- Educate self on industry news, trends, and brand data.
- Report monthly actual 3-6-12-month outward forecasts against plan, and provide competitive statistics and analyses.
- Work with Sales Execs to develop new advertising opportunities and revenue streams; oversee budgeting and forecasting for assigned and owned accounts.
- Work with marketing and operations teams to maximize sales process on behalf of clients.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5-7 years of experience in online advertising sales.
- BA/BS degree.
- Substantial agency and client contacts within entertainment, gaming, and technology.
- Proven track record of success in meeting and exceeding revenue goals.
- Superb credentials in national marketplace; existing contacts at key clients and agencies.
- Ability to think and plan strategically; strong negotiation skills.
- Superior skills to create, present, and implement innovative advertising sales programs.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, learn new areas quickly, take ownership of issues/projects, develop recommendations, align with team, and execute on proposal.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, high energy, and sense of humor.
- Self-directed and comfortable working in fast growing, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability/willingness to travel.
Benefits & Perks
Wikia offers a competitive salary package including stock options, health benefits (medical and dental), PTO, and a 401K. Our San Francisco office is located within walking distance to South Park, AT&T Stadium, and the CalTrain station, and is only blocks away from Market Street and BART. Our dog-friendly digs also come with a stocked pantry and gaming room, where some employees practice yoga at lunch.
Wikia is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content on any topic in any language. Community-created wikis cover everything from the latest games, anime, music and TV shows to eco-friendly living and the world's best chocolate chip recipes. With 275,000 enthusiast communities attracting more than 45 million global unique visitors each month, Wikia is the largest user-generated media company and is a Top 50 site, according to Quantcast. Wikia was founded in 2004 by Jimmy Wales and Angela Beesley, and is headquartered in a brightly colored SOMA office in San Francisco, CA.
Principals only. Agency and recruiter resumes will be considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement fees.