Marketing Solutions Manager at Wikia, Inc. in San Francisco, CA
Wikia is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content on any topic in any language. Community-created wikis cover everything from the latest games, anime, music and TV shows to eco-friendly living and the world's best chocolate chip recipes. With 275,000 enthusiast communities attracting more than 70 million global unique visitors each month, Wikia is the largest user-generated media company and is a Top 50 site, according to Quantcast and Top 10
Wikia is looking for an experienced Marketing Solutions Manager to help us market Wikia and its audiences to potential advertisers.
About the Role - Responsibilities:
- Develop advertising strategies that identify marketing opportunities in support of direct ad sales revenue.
- Lead packaging strategy on behalf of Marketing Solutions team members. Organize ideas & build consensus that factors varying goals & points of view from Sales, Product and Content teams.
- Participate in development of new client proposals.
- Participate in development of sponsorship programs, vertical sales presentations & audience insights in support of revenue generation.
- Partner with content, community & product teams to develop advertising programs focused on development of audience, traffic & revenue goals.
- Manage coordination of conference calendar, including communication to/from the sales organization to manage attendance and sponsorship integration.
- Manage written and verbal communication to disseminate related materials.
- Analyze and evaluate effectiveness of advertising opportunities. Propose solutions for improvements.
- Focus on development of Retail and Tech vertical categories within the MidWest and Eastern US in addition to the Gaming category in UK and European markets.
- Develop target account list for Retail, International Gaming and Tech sectors, including custom research in support of each category.
- Manage top tier and developing client and agency lists within designated categories of focus.
- Lead efforts to integrate brand across a consistent set of communication materials such as proposal templates & sales collateral.
- Work with Marketing Coordinator & Internal Design team to scope out creative requirements for sales programs.
- Partner with internal team to develop sales collateral for new advertising opportunities and/or partnerships with 3rd party vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to analytically problem-solve and think critically about how to market Wikia and its audiences to potential advertisers
- A quick learner, with proven ability to assimilate to social media changes as they occur
- Understand and be responsive to the needs of various departments
- Capable of building consensus within an organization and working towards a common goal
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to generate credibility, trust and respect throughout the company
- A hands-on participant with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Enjoys working hard and thrives under demanding circumstances
- Knows how and when to appropriately escalate matters needing management attention
- Demonstrates passion in his/her work, and for the online medium
Experience and Education Required:
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing or advertising product development
- Agency or online media experience a plus
- Project management skills. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written. Communicates effectively, understanding the nuances of his/her audience. Client-service focused, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Solid understanding of online advertising, sales practices and selling cycles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Internet and Google AdWords
- Understanding/Working knowledge of industry-relevant audience measurement tools including Google Analytics, ComScore and Quantcast
- Bachelor degree required.
Benefits & Perks
Wikia offers a competitive salary package including stock options, health benefits (medical and dental), PTO, and a 401K. Our San Francisco office is located within walking distance to South Park, AT&T Stadium, and the CalTrain station, and is only blocks away from Market Street and BART. Our dog-friendly digs also come with a stocked pantry and gaming room, where some employees practice yoga at
Intrigued? Contact us to learn more.
We look forward to hearing from you!