Junior Project Manager at Wikia, Inc. in Poznań, Poland
Wikia is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content on any topic in any language. Community-created wikis cover everything from the latest games, anime, music and TV shows to eco-friendly living and the world's best chocolate chip recipes. With 275,000 enthusiast communities attracting more than 70 million global unique visitors each month, Wikia is the largest user-generated media company and is a Top 50 site, according to Quantcast. Wikia was founded in 2004 by Jimmy Wales and Angela Beesley, and is headquartered in a brightly colored SOMA office in San Francisco, CA and branches in Poland, UK, Germany.
- Manage software projects for geographically dispersed teams in an Agile environment.
- Cooperate with other Project Managers and Product Managers to ensure optimal project management solutions
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution; improve the productivity of the teams.
- Keep all interested parties up to date on project progress.
- Schedule and facilitate team meetings and international conference calls.
- Coordinate as needed with other team members – Product Managers and Engineers.
- At least 1 year experience of project management or team leadership, Agile environment preferred.
- General technical understanding of software programming, software releases, testing and QA.
- Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities.
- Willing to be challenged and to develop management skills
- Able to communicate with the California team (during their morning business hours)
- Ready to travel to the USA twice a year for three weeks
- Fluent English (written and verbal)
Principals only. Agency and recruiter resumes will be considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement fees.