Design Producer at Wikia, Inc. in San Francisco, CA
Wikia is the definitive place for people to collaborate and share their passion on the Web. Using our platform, anyone can form new communities around any subject they love, or participate in over 200,000 existing communities by reading or contributing new content.
Wikia is growing fast at the moment. With more than five million pages of rich content, Wikia’s communities are the most authoritative information about any topic on the Internet. Launched in 2004 by co-founders Jimmy Wales (of Wikipedia fame) and Angela Beesley, Wikia attracts more than 45 million global unique visitors per month and is a Top 50 Internet site according to Quantcast.
Wikia is looking for a Design Producer to work across our Sales, Marketing and Product Design teams. This position reports to the Creative Director and is part of a dynamic team that consists of UX and visual designers. As you can see below, this position is critical to the success of all our projects. You will be responsible for all projects but also be empowered to do so!
• Schedule and assign all design deliverables
• Work closely with Sales & Marketing to ensure deadlines are met and deliverables are correct
• Manage User Feedback program
• Interact with development leads, program manager and end-to-end programmers
• Work closely with Engineering Project Managers and Sales & Marketing Planners
• Management and documentation of project kick-off meetings (both internal and external)
• Development and management of project timeline
• Monitoring and maintaining internal and external milestones
• Review of all project deliverables for quality and accuracy
• Identify and communicate all project risks and assumptions
• Monitor project pipeline and provide feedback on required assets and resources
• Proactively identify incoming conflicts and resource gaps at the project level and across the whole design department
A strong candidate consistently demonstrates qualities of diplomacy, problem solving, and decisiveness, as well as the proven ability to balance many needs and remain detail-oriented while tracking and organizing many resources. Working with cross-functional teams, strong writing skills, and previous Web development project management experience are required.
• At least 3 years of design production or web project management experience
• Experience with writing and/or reviewing business requirement docs
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Detail oriented
• Strong organizational skills
• Solid understanding of Web industry standards and best practices
• Familiarity with graphic design and web authoring tools, such as Adobe Photoshop, Macromedia Fireworks, and Dreamweaver (or equivalent)
• Ability to work with little supervision
• Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience
Additional Capabilities Preferred
• Usability testing experience
• Project resource and performance management experience
• Ability to track multiple assets in a variety of stages
Benefits & Perks
Wikia offers a competitive salary package including stock options, health benefits (medical and dental), PTO, and a 401K. Our San Francisco office is located within walking distance to South Park, AT&T Stadium, and the CalTrain station, and is only blocks away from Market Street and BART. Our dog-friendly digs also come with a stocked pantry and gaming room, where some employees practice yoga at lunch.
Principals only. Agency and recruiter resumes will be considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement fees.