Community Development Associate - Spanish at Wikia, Inc. in San Francisco, CA
Wikia is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content on any topic in any language. Community-created wikis cover everything from the latest games, anime, music and TV shows to eco-friendly living and the world's best chocolate chip recipes. With 275,000 enthusiast communities attracting more than 50 million global unique visitors each month, Wikia is the largest user-generated media company and is a Top 50 site, according to Quantcast. Wikia was founded in 2004 by Jimmy Wales and Angela Beesley, and is headquartered in a brightly colored SOMA office in San Francisco, CA.
Wikia is searching for that special someone who is fluent in spoken and written Spanish so that they are comfortable writing for an audience and can hold their own when having a general conversation on any topic under the sun. And did we mention that they do it in Spanish?
Perhaps you're an Entertainment junkie! Do you rush out to see all the new movies? Do you watch all the hot shows like Glee, Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries, and Breaking Bad? Or maybe Lifestyle is more your thing! Are you a total foodie? Do you follow all the latest fashion trends, and love creating and curating ideas for crafts? Or maybe you prefer Gaming -- playing them, writing about them, following the latest news and debating strategy with your peers.
Would you like to join a fantastic content team and be the voice for thousands of active Spanish speaking communities? If the answer is an enthusiastic "YES", then this may be the perfect job for you.
- Fluent in both written and spoken Spanish
- Passion and knowledge in some of these fields: Gaming, TV, Film, Anime, Comics, Lifestyles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excited to work in a start-up environment
- Work well in groups and value community interaction
- Bonus points for experience with wiki text editing, social networking outreach, SEO, or online marketing
- Write articles for various communities about topics that you find interesting and pertinent
- Search out relevant information and present it in the voice of the community
- Become a genuine member of the communities you work with
- Develop an understanding of different types of communities and how to best present information to them
- Provide support on additional marketing and content projects, as needed
This is a contract position. Hours are flexible, though we would like a minimum of 30 hours/week based out of our SOMA office in San Francisco.
Principals only. Agency and recruiter resumes will be considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement fees.