Art Director, Marketing at Wikia, Inc. in San Francisco, CA
Wikia is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content on any topic in any language. We maintain over 200,000 wikis across an impressive array of subjects, spanning virtually all aspects of popular culture. With 275,000 enthusiast communities attracting more than 65 million global unique visitors each day, Wikia is the largest user-generated media company and is a Top 50 site, according to Quantcast. Wikia was founded in 2004 by Jimmy Wales and Angela Beesley, and is headquartered in a brightly colored SOMA office in San Francisco, CA.
In the role of Art Director, you will take the lead on marketing campaigns from concept to launch. You will be both hands-on and high-level, creating key design work as well as directing your team of designers and production artists. You will work closely with your Design Producer, Creative Director, Marketing and Sales liaisons, and clients throughout a project, including developing the creative strategy, ideating concepts, originating design direction, presenting deliverables, and managing the team to iterate to perfection.
- Create multiple design concepts from creative brief.
- Follow creative direction and client brand guidelines, establish design patterns and extensions.
- Work collaboratively with marketing team, designers, and creative director.
- Ensure flawless execution, delivered to specification…….on time.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Mentor and develop junior members of your team.
- Stay abreast of innovations in graphic design, technology, social media and digital trends.
Manage priorities from multiple departments.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Hands-on experience creating exceptional digital brand experiences with a strong and versatile portfolio.
- 5+ years of experience working in interactive design and development.
- Experience interacting directly with clients and a track record for developing strong working relationships, eliciting client vision & direction, and presenting & selling creative concepts.
- Experience creating pure brand interactive, social and viral.
Degree in interactive/ communication design (graphic design).
* Please include a portfolio link with your resume.
Benefits & Perks
Wikia offers a competitive salary package including stock options, health benefits (medical and dental), PTO, and a 401K. Our San Francisco office is located within walking distance to South Park, AT&T Stadium, and the CalTrain station, and is only blocks away from Market Street and BART. Our dog-friendly digs also come with a stocked pantry and gaming room, where some employees practice yoga at lunch.
Principals only. Agency and recruiter resumes will be considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement fees.