Assistant (Development Department) at Volunteers of America Los Angeles in Lo...
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The Assistant for the Development department oversees daily needs of the Executive Director of External Affairs, the Director of Strategic Relations and other Development team members.
The duties are summarized as:
- Handles registration, inventory and other tasks at community events
- Oversees various fundraising and development databases with data input and report generation as requested
- Assists with implementation of social media strategy
- Manages department calendar and maintains meeting minutes
- Prepares needed committee and Board of Director reports
- Assists with implementation of a volunteer strategy and oversees individual requests for volunteer opportunities
- May attend meetings and other community events
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field or applicable experience
- Must have excellent computer skills including knowledge of Window and Microsoft Office applications
- Proven competency and understanding of current social media trends
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills; strong listening skills a must
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with a variety of personalities in all organization and community positions
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings as required
- Hands-on experience with application of social media platforms to development and/or fundraising a plus
- Valid California driver's license and access to car with adequate insurance preferred