Administrative Assistant (Caregiver Services) at Volunteers of America Los An...
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The Administrative Assistant duties are summarized as:
- Verbal communication or correspondence with the following: Developmental Disabled agencies regarding respite hours, authorizations or needed documents, and with parents or guardians of our clients.
- Enters client and worker data on Access or Service point program software.
- Orders office supplies, type and mail correspondence.
- Prepares client and worker folders and record files, and general filing of records and documents.
- Answers telephone, or e-mails, and replies to questions accordingly’ and performs various clerical tasks.
- Participates in organizational functions; and maintains informational and/or operational records.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative and harmonious working relationships with program staff, respite workers, families of respite clients, respite business agencies, office vendors, and general public.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 - 3 years of office and clerical experience
- Bi-lingual in Spanish-English required
- Proficient Computer skills on Word 7 and Excel 7. Knowledge with Access or Service Point software a plus
- Ability to compose correspondence and reports
- Working knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Understands and follows oral and written directions in English
- Fingerprint clearance is a must prior to employment
- Associates Degeee in Business Administration or Management Science preferred (years of experience may be substituted for education on a year-to-year basis