Lead QA Engineer at Voalte in Sarasota, FL
Voalte is revolutionizing healthcare communication using the latest mobile devices, such as iPhone and Android. We are improving productivity and patient outcomes by making it easier for healthcare providers to use one device to make phone calls, receive critical alarms and send text messages -- voice, alarms, text -- Voalte!
The Voalte One solution is a multiple client and server system that uses standard Internet protocols such as HTTP, XMPP, LDAP and VoIP using SIP and RTP. Our custom client apps, developed in-house, run on iPhone (iOS), Android and Flash in web browsers. Voalte One servers are built on Linux with custom-developed applications and other open-source software.
Voalte is looking for an accomplished quality assurance (QA) engineer with at least 5 years of solid client and server software testing experience on multiple platforms to lead and help build our QA team.
5+ experience overseeing the design, development and implementation of quality assurance standards across the software development life cycle, including:
- Various testing methods such as black box and white box testing
- Various levels of testing: unit, functional, integration, stress, regression and acceptance
- Client-server testing
- Automated testing
- Prior experience managing a team of testers, including recruiting / hiring, organization and process creation
- Experience writing and executing test plans and test cases
- Extensive experience with testing metrics and testing best practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Preferably, some Unix/Linux command line experience
- Preferably, some scripting experience (Bash/Python/Ruby)
- Preferably, some networking experience (TCP/UDP/SIP/XMPP/Wireshark)
- Most importantly ... attention to detail
WHAT YOU GET
- Work next to the #1 beach in the USA, Siesta Key!
- A kitchen stocked with all the snacks, coffee and soda you could want.
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees.
- A reasonable work schedule with paid vacation and major holidays off.
- Company-issued Nerf gun for your protection.
- Best of all, a chance to help make an impact by setting the standard in healthcare communication!
Voalte designs, develops, markets, sells and supports innovative healthcare solutions for the emerging class of highly mobile computing devices. Our first product, Voalte One, is deployed on Apple’s iPhone, and is designed as a holistic communication solution for hospitals.
Voalte provides compelling software solutions for healthcare institutions that solve communication problems. We believe that better, more efficient communication improves clinical performance, which in turn improves patient care, safety and satisfaction.
Our products are designed to be intuitive, high value, mission critical applications deployed on the latest generation of touch-based smartphones. We provide an exceptional end-to-end customer experience. We do it better than anyone else, and we spend our time thinking about ways to improve this experience.
EEO POLICY STATEMENT
Voalte, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Voalte, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
BETTER COMMUNICATION MEANS BETTER CAREGIVERS.
BETTER CAREGIVERS MEANS BETTER PATIENT OUTCOMES.