Erlang Developer (Remote / Work From Home) at Voalte in Sarasota, FL
Voalte is redefining hospital communication by providing a complete solution for VoIP over Wi-Fi, delivery of critical alarms and secure text messaging on the latest mobile devices. Erlang developers are responsible for the efficient design and development of the Voalte Data Server (VDS), which acts as the foundation for the entire Voalte System. The VDS provides user directory management, user authentication, integration to the Voice Server (for VoIP functionality), integration to third-party systems (for the delivery of critical alarms), and all communication routing to and from mobile clients.
Erlang developers are directly responsible for the development of the Voalte Data Server’s core components. This includes implementation, unit testing and documentation of new features, as well as maintenance of existing features and functionality.
- Assists with the design and development of new features following an Agile methodology.
- Writes Erlang-based code to implement new features according to generally accepted coding guidelines.
- Writes unit-tests for new feature implementations.
- Documents new feature implementations.
- Organizes, maintains and documents source code in version control system (we use Git).
- 1+ year of Erlang and OTP programming experience
- 3+ years of object-oriented programming experience
- 5+ years of Unix / Linux system administration (RedHat / CentOS preferred)
- Experience with development and distribution of open-source software such as SSH, OpenVPN, Apache, OpenLDAP, eJabberd preferred
- Experience with XML-based protocols (XMPP, WCTP preferred)
- Must have a strong understanding of client/server protocols including TCP/IP and HTTP
- Proficient at troubleshooting network-related problems
- Database experience (LDAP, Mnesia, SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with automation and scripting (shell scripting, perl, python, or ruby preferred)
- Prior experience developing enterprise applications and / or mission-critical applications preferred
- Detail oriented
- Strong work ethic, demonstrating a commitment to details, organization and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Comfortable in an Agile / scrum development environment with highly interactive team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
WHAT YOU GET
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage for full-time employees.
- A reasonable work schedule with paid vacation and major holidays off.
- Best of all, a chance to help make an impact by setting the standard in healthcare communication!
Voalte designs, develops, markets, sells and supports innovative healthcare solutions for the emerging class of highly mobile computing devices. Our first product, Voalte One, is deployed on Apple’s iPhone, and is designed as a holistic communication solution for hospitals.
Voalte provides compelling software solutions for healthcare institutions that solve communication problems. We believe that better, more efficient communication improves clinical performance, which in turn improves patient care, safety and satisfaction.
Our products are designed to be intuitive, high value, mission critical applications deployed on the latest generation of touch-based smartphones. We provide an exceptional end-to-end customer experience. We do it better than anyone else, and we spend our time thinking about ways to improve this experience.
EEO POLICY STATEMENT
Voalte, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Voalte, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
BETTER COMMUNICATION MEANS BETTER CAREGIVERS.
BETTER CAREGIVERS MEANS BETTER PATIENT OUTCOMES.