Sales Support & Procurement Specialist at Virteva in Minneapolis, MN
Virteva is a managed IT services and consulting specialist. Headquartered in the Twin Cities, Virteva serves enterprise and mid-market customers nationwide with a full spectrum of IT infrastructure solutions. From the Service Desk to Datacenter, Virteva blends innovative thinking with practical execution to deliver improved IT performance and lower costs, both on-premise and the cloud.
The Sales Support and Procurement Specialist will be responsible for supporting the sales team and accountable for the complete Purchase Order process including preparing Requests For Quotes (RFQ), defining technical requirements with internal resources, purchasing sourcing strategy, price negotiations, and ensuring timely delivery to final destination to meet demanding deadlines.
- Update and/or manage CRM for sales team
- Manage sales meetings/functions with partners, clients, and prospective clients (coordinate meetings, reserve and prepare facilities, and record and transcribe minutes of meetings)
- Manage contracts, Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA), and other key documents
- Manage Microsoft Partnership
- Manage and generate sales reports
- Assist with developing and editing presentation materials, quotes, contracts and RFP/RFI responses for potential customers.
- Maintain good interoffice communication about potential customers, competitor information, and partnerships
- Plan, direct, and manage the central procurement activities
- Work closely with the VP of Finance and technical staff to successfully order and receive required products and licenses according to deadlines
- Provide excellent customer service and follow through to all clients requesting the purchase of materials and equipment
- Maximize procurement cost savings related specifically to competitive bids, payment terms, and transportation
- Worked with manufactures, distributors, and field team to purchase and implement newly purchased hardware and software.
- Process invoices, create purchase orders, and document ordering and receipt of items
- Develop and implement short- and long-term procurement strategies designed to reduce costs and improve quality and service
DESIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & OTHER SKILLS
- University/College degree or certifications preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of Sales Support or Procurement experience within a technical industry
- Experience with product licensing, such as Microsoft, Citrix, VMWare
- Self-starter with high integrity and excellent communication skills with the ability to converse with people at all levels
- Ability to work independently & proactively in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Ability to prioritize, anticipate situations, and take quick action
- Ability to manage multiple projects and recommend/implement effective solutions