We're sorry, but this job has been closed. See other open jobs at VendScreen
Not the right job?
Database Development Engineer at VendScreen in Portland, OR
This database development engineer will design and implement a database structure to support VendScreen's innovative information products.
Reports to: CTO
• Recommend a database structure that will scale to support 100,000,000 devices in the field
• Drive requirements gathering and write specifications for various data products and data integration projects.
• Provide query design and data transformations supporting data science activities.
• Analyze data structures and recommend improvements.
• Review requirements of software projects to determine the relevant data requirements.
• Provide support for enterprise reporting systems
• Deep knowledge of database development, management and architecture best practices
- Stored procedures
- Transactional security
- Enterprise Database Systems
- Load distribution
• Strong knowledge of database design patterns and models about highly available big data.
• Demonstrated expertise of at least multiple OLTP database, such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, is a must.
• Java development experience preferred
• Data mining experience a plus
• Problem solving skills
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Proven experience in a team development environment
VendScreen equips vending machines with an Android-based smart device. The device enables cashless transactions, delivers comprehensive nutritional information, offers an advertising platform, and provides real-time inventory management data. Supported with $14.8MM in funding commitments, the company is positioned for rapid growth leveraging today’s most innovative technologies in M2M, mobile computing, cashless payments, software-as-a-service platforms, digital media, and cloud-computing.