Interactive Team Graphic Designer at VacationRoost Inc. in Salt Lake City, UT
VacationRoost is the industry leader in vacation rentals, ski vacations and white label partner solutions. If you are smart and creative and enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, then we want to work with you. VacationRoost offers the largest and most varied inventory of vacation rentals, lodging, air, car rental and other activities from sea to ski.
By combining proprietary technology along with other industry leading software, we deliver travel and vacation rental products, airfare, car rental, lift tickets and other products with unparalleled efficiency and quality. This technology allows one stop shopping for the customer to purchase the perfect vacation rental – that can include air, ground transportation, equipment rentals and destination activities.
- Work on a team that manages projects related to visual design and online user experiences
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts for email, PPT, brochures, promotions, and websites and any other corporate needs
- Assist the marketing team with marketing, brainstorming and advertising strategies
- Work on projects for both the core business and the company’s indirect channel customers
- Complete projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Solve roadblocks while coordinating with other departments within the company to ensure projects are on track and stack ranked in order of importance to company goals
- Oversee simultaneous projects from inception to completion, reviewing project plans, designs and deliverables
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies
- Manage and maintain graphic files, including photos, logos and art
- Integrate with the VR Interactive team, cross functional company staff and be a team player
We look for these skills and requirements; however, we are flexible if you are amazing.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communications or related field or equivalent of two years minimum experience
- Possess a deep understanding of graphic design in related creative tracks: design, interactive development, copywriting
- Experience in designing in an online e-commerce environment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines work quickly with top quality and multi-task
- Good working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Microsoft Office suite and basic video editing skills
- General marketing experience
- Organized and detail-oriented with solid verbal communication skills, ability to coordinate and manage large workloads
- Strong accountability and commitment to excellence
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth e-commerce company culture
- Able to keep a sense of humor amidst changing priorities, (ability to contribute humor is also appreciated)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with peers across different departments on collaborative projects
VacationRoost has a “work hard / play hard” company culture that includes paid ski days, company ski passes, a winning softball team, and company golf tournaments. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401K and vacation time. The marketing department has the privilege of participating in site tours, allowing you the opportunity to visit our different vacation destinations. Snacks, soda and nachos are provided on a regular basis.