Interactive Marketing Team Developer at VacationRoost Inc. in Salt Lake City, UT
Based in Salt Lake City, Utah, VacationRoost’s team of experienced travel professionals is committed to making booking a vacation rental as easy as booking a hotel room online. VacationRoost.com offers consumers the ability to book over 150,000 professionally managed vacation rentals online and to package them with air, car, and destination travel services. VacationRoost’s Partner Services division provides partners with the ability to utilize the VacationRoost transaction platform to book vacation rentals and other travel products on their own sites and to offer their customers complete central reservation travel planning services. For more information, visit www.vacationroost.com.
If you are smart and creative and enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, then
we want to work with you. As a member of the Interactive Marketing Team, you will provide
development leadership to create new or enhanced website functionality and merchandising
concepts for our company website, www.vacationroost.com, our 23 localized websites, and
internal applications. The position consists of planning, design, development, testing, debugging,
deployment and maintenance of company websites. Duties also include working closely with the
core development team to ensure back-end and front-end integration.
1. Perform coding, debugging and testing utilizing extensive knowledge of the following:
- CSS – must understand cascading styles and overrides
- Able to tweak UI with IE 6, 7, 8, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and other browsers)
- Familiar with C# ASP.NET 3.5 and up, nice to have
- HTML 5
2. Knowledge of APIs.
3. Work with traditional software lifecycle methodologies (Agile/SCRUM) to create detailed
requirements and design documents as required.
4. Collaborate with VP, Application Development and subject matter experts to establish the
technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
5. Work in a fast-paced environment, must possess the ability to manage multiple activities
simultaneously with minimal direction.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- •Development experience with the Microsoft.NET platform, including C#, ASP.NET 2.0/3.
- 0/3.5, ADO.NET, MS SQL Server 2005/2008.
- 5+ years experience with object oriented programming.
- Strong database experience.
- ASP.NET AJAX experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, prioritize and organize projects.
- Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously with minimal direction.
VacationRoost offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401K
and vacation time, including comped ski days and ski passes. The marketing department
also participates in site tours, allowing you the opportunity to ski and visit our different
destinations. Snacks, soda and nachos are provided on a regular basis.