PR / Marketing / Community Manager Intern at UpOut Inc. in San Francisco, CA
UpOut is a venture-backed startup that helps people discover the most amazing events and experiences happening around them. We've helped thousands of people have that crazy night out, magical first date and more. Come help us create millions.
We are a small tight knit team located in the heart of SoMA, San Francisco. Our environment is focused but we have loads of fun (after all, it's what we do). If you're passionate about helping people have fun, want to learn a lot and get in early at a growing startup, UpOut is a place where you'll thrive!
We are currently seeking marketing interns to join us. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to develop their social media, writing and product design skills. It also gets you behind the scenes of a fast-growing consumer startup.
- Write weekly blog posts and email newsletter
- Manage social media over Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Build traffic channels leveraging email, blog posts, Facebook, Twitter, Meetups, app notifications, etc.
- Track metrics across all programs
- Have lived in the Bay Area for 1+ years
- No tele-commuting
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Has experience writing online (Blogging, Tumblr, Twitter, etc.)
- a Bay Area native living in San Francisco
- an outstanding communicator (written, verbal, visual)
- someone with hands-on experience building online communities (or at least active on Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- entrepreneurial -- which means that you don’t wait for stuff to be assigned to you
- You'll know about all the awesome events going on in the city
- Working from SF (We're in SOMA at 3rd and Brannan)
- Small 6-person startup, so huge opportunity to learn a ton
- Weekly team lunches
- Free tickets to many events in the city
Please include links to Social Media profiles (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) and ideally provide a link to your blog. (Or at least provide us some writing samples - in the form of Yelp reviews, whatever it might be). Also, tell us about your ideal weekend in SF and your favorite bar and why.