Infrastructure Manager at Unified in New York, NY
UNIFIED is a well-funded, fast-growing startup that works with some of the most exciting names in the social networking and cloud computing industries, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
UNIFIED is looking for a full-time Infrastructure Manager to join our Manhattan-based team. This position will work closely with our engineering team to manage and maintain the first enterprise system for managing emerging media. The ideal candidate is responsible for providing technical leadership and direction to Unified’s infrastructure by engineering creative and cost-effective solutions, end-to-end operational support, capacity planning, performance monitoring, system integration and resource management. Cloud services and Linux capability is an absolute must. As the Infrastructure Manager, you will work hand in hand with our development and engineering teams to provide expertise on the overall infrastructure architecture, assisting in the selection of new hardware and software platforms, as well as being responsible for system configuration, deployment and maintenance on a 24x7 basis. You must have the ability to maintain and troubleshoot complex, multi-server web applications by leading efforts to diagnose, resolve, eliminate issues and lead efforts to ensure maintainability, scalability and reliability of a complex system.
- 2-5 years of professional infrastructure management experience, with the ability to architect, implement, operate and integrate Linux\Unix based IT systems
- Proficiency with RDBMS and NoSQL database systems such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, Mongo, Cassandra, SimpleDB or DynamoDB
- Experience with Django\Python web application hosting solutions, such as UWSGI, Apache, Nginx, or Gunicorn
- Excellent written and communication skills, with the ability to analyze and interpret common technical journals and reports
- Ability to work on your own as part of a distributed team
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure solutions such as Amazon AWS, Rackspace Cloud or Heroku
- Experience scripting deployment via Puppet, Fabric or similar systems
- Understanding of system monitoring concepts and technology
- Understanding of social networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc). Infrastructure management experience with one or more of these APIs is a definite plus
- Understanding of online advertising and associated technology
- Experience working at a technology startup