Office Manager at Udemy in San Francisco, CA
Udemy Office Manager – San Francisco, CA
Udemy helps students make moves. Whether you want to get promoted, break into a new industry, start a company, further a passion, or just accelerate your life, Udemy helps you learn from the amazing instructors in the world, so that you can get there and get there faster.
Our team recruits the world's top experts, including New York Times best-selling authors, CEOs, celebrities, and Ivy League professors. These expert instructors have taught over 400,000 students on Udemy, helping them learn everything from programming to design to photography and more. After one year, we're proud to say that Udemy is already changing the lives of our students and delivering real value to our community of instructors.
Our team’s growing incredibly quickly and we’re looking for an amazing part-time office manager in San Francisco to help us keep the office fun, positive, social, organized, energized, functional, comfortable (I could go on :-)).
The ideal candidate is:
- Highly organized - There’s so much to get done and so many little details. We need someone who can keep track of it all.
- Caring - You’re in charge of our office and the 30+ folks who work in it. We need your love!
- Fun - We’re a sociable group with lots of energy. We’re looking for someone who loves to organize events and would enjoy keeping everyone connected.
- Available for ~20 hours every week.
(PS - having a good sense for interior design would be a wonderful bonus)
Key Responsibilities include:
- Greeting visitors with a big smile :-)
- Making sure we’re all stocked up on office supplies, food, catering, etc
- Keeping in touch with all our key vendors & building management
- Maintenance and appearance of the kitchen and common area.
- Distribution of mail and packages
- Planning team events!
WORK STRUCTURE & COMPENSATION
Work will be based out of our SOMA office in San Francisco. This is a part-time hourly position with an immediate start date.
HOW TO APPLY
If you're interested, please send us your resume along with a short email / cover letter that includes:
1) Subject Line: Udemy Office Manager
1) A paragraph re: Why you’re a good fit for the role (plus any relevant life or work experiences),
2) Another paragraph re: Why you’re excited to work at Udemy
We look forward to meeting you!
UDEMY IN THE NEWS
San Francisco Chronicle - Startups put new spin on online teaching
GigaOm - A new way to make six figures on the Web: Teaching
Mashable - Udemy Puts Ivy-League Profs on Your Desktop For Free
TechCrunch - Crowdsourced Learning Platform Udemy Raises $3 Million From Lightbank And Others (http://techcrunch.com/2011/10/12/crowdsourced-academy-udemy-raises-3-million/)
Fast Company - Udemy: A Free Online University for All
New York Times - Online Teaching Platform Udemy Raises $1M, Still Too Cool for School (http://www.nytimes.com/external/venturebeat/2010/08/31/31venturebeat-online-teaching-platform-udemy-raises-1m-sti-76566.html?partner=rss&emc=rss)
Techcrunch - Udemy Scores $1M In Seed Funding, Aims To Democratize Online Learning (http://techcrunch.com/2010/08/31/udemy-funding/)