Content Marketer at Udemy in San Francisco, CA
Content Marketer at Udemy
Udemy helps students make moves. Whether you want to get promoted, break into a new industry, start a company, further a passion, or just accelerate your life, Udemy helps you learn from the amazing instructors in the world, so that you can get there and get there faster.
Our team recruits the world's top experts, including New York Times best-selling authors, CEOs, celebrities, and Ivy League professors. These expert instructors have taught over 250,000 students on Udemy, helping them learn everything from programming to yoga to design to photography and more.
Udemy is backed by an incredible group of investors who previously foresaw the Internet giants YouTube, LinkedIn, Zynga, Twitter, Groupon, and Yelp. And after one year, we're proud to say that Udemy is already changing the lives of our students and delivering real value to our community of instructors - http://gigaom.com/2012/05/17/a-new-way-to-make-six-figures-on-the-web-teaching/
We have a big vision and we’re looking for incredibly resourceful, intelligent, and hard-working individuals to help us achieve it. The role is for someone who is hungry to learn what it takes to build a big business on the Internet and is excited by the possibility of making an impact on the lives of students & instructors all over the world.
You will be focused on driving sales & user engagement with a particular emphasis on increasing the lifetime value of a user on Udemy.
This will involve a range of activities, including: running our email remarketing, executing a variety of content & social marketing strategies, copywriting, branding, and much more.
- Amazing written communication & copywriting skills
- An authentic voice a sharp eye for messaging & branding
- Excellent analytical skills & highly structured thinking
- B.A./B.S. with a strong academic record
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- Unquestionable integrity
- Quick learner with hustle and a thirst for making decisions & driving results
- Strong knowledge of startup marketing techniques, including: content marketing, social marketing, community building, email marketing, and more
- Highly organized – able to juggle multiple priorities at once
- Excited at the opportunity to dig into our data and understand what’s important to our users and what drives our business.
- SQL knowledge is preferred (or have a willingness to learn. We will teach you)
- A passion for online education and consumer internet products
- A team player who is able to work effectively with multiple functions and a wide range of individuals
WORK STRUCTURE & COMPENSATION
Udemy is based in SOMA, San Francisco. Compensation includes full time salary, equity compensation plan, and benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
If you're interested, please submit your resume and an explanation of why you'd be a good fit via JobScore.
UDEMY IN THE NEWS
GigaOm - A new way to make six figures on the Web: Teaching
Mashable - Udemy Puts Ivy-League Profs on Your Desktop For Free
TechCrunch - Crowdsourced Learning Platform Udemy Raises $3 Million From Lightbank And Others (http://techcrunch.com/2011/10/12/crowdsourced-academy-udemy-raises-3-million/)
CNET - Instructional portal Udemy raises $3 million
Fast Company - Udemy: A Free Online University for All
Mashable - Get a Real-Life Learning Experience in Udemy’s Virtual Classrooms (http://mashable.com/2010/05/13/udemy/)
New York Times - Online Teaching Platform Udemy Raises $1M, Still Too Cool for School (http://www.nytimes.com/external/venturebeat/2010/08/31/31venturebeat-online-teaching-platform-udemy-raises-1m-sti-76566.html?partner=rss&emc=rss)
Techcrunch - Udemy Scores $1M In Seed Funding, Aims To Democratize Online Learning (http://techcrunch.com/2010/08/31/udemy-funding/)