Blog Manager - Contract at Udemy in San Francisco, CA
You can learn anything on Udemy!
Today, 2 million students in 200 countries are taking online courses on Programming, Yoga, Design, Photography, Spanish, Marketing, Guitar, Finance, Cake Decorating, and so much more.
More than 13,000 courses (in 10 different languages!) have been published in our marketplace. Each course is designed & taught by an expert instructor and hundreds of new courses are published every month. So whether you want get promoted, break into a new industry, start a company, or just further a passion, Udemy’s here to help you achieve your goals.
Founded in 2010, Udemy has raised a total of $16 million in venture capital. Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
Learn more about our team and culture: https://www.udemy.com/blog/udemy-mission-culture-philosophies-team/
CONTRACT BLOG MANAGER
We run a high traffic, fast-growing blog at udemy.com/blog. We’re looking for a blog manager to double and triple the current blog output with the help of a team of freelance writers.
- Manage a fast growing blog (currently publishing around 300-500 pieces of content a month)
- Manage a team of 15-20 freelance writers
- Recruit new writers
- Hit aggressive blog content goals every month
- Edit blog posts when necessary
- Make final editorial judgment calls on blog content
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience managing a high output blog
- Experience hiring and managing a team of freelance writers
- A team-oriented mindset and the ability to work with and motivate a wide range of individuals
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Thrives under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Is self-motivated and exceptionally productive while working remotely and with little supervision
- Is familiar with Wordpress or willing to learn
- Is familiar with SEO or willing to learn
WORK STRUCTURE & COMPENSATION
This is a part-time to full-time (20-40 hour / week), contract, remote position with in person or skype check-ins.
HOW TO APPLY
If you're interested please provide a link to your blog!
UDEMY IN THE NEWS
● Slate - Udemy Instructor Earns Nearly Half a Million Dollars Teaching Online
● Venturebeat - School’s out! Udemy nabs $12M to drive down the cost of higher ed http://venturebeat.com/2012/12/07/schools-out-udemy-nabs-12m-to-drive-down-the-cost-of-higher-ed/
● San Francisco Chronicle - Startups put new spin on online teaching http://www.sfgate.com/technology/article/Startups-put-new-spin-on-online-teaching-3878149.php
● GigaOm - A new way to make six figures on the Web: Teaching http://gigaom.com/2012/05/17/a-new-way-to-make-six-figures-on-the-web-teaching/
● Mashable - Udemy Puts Ivy-League Profs on Your Desktop For Free http://mashable.com/2012/01/26/udemy-faculty-project/
● TechCrunch - Crowdsourced Learning Platform Udemy Raises $3 Million From Lightbank And Others http://techcrunch.com/2011/10/12/crowdsourced-academy-udemy-raises-3-million/
● New York Times - Online Teaching Platform Udemy Raises $1M, Still Too Cool for School http://www.nytimes.com/external/venturebeat/2010/08/31/31venturebeat-online-teaching-platform-udemy-raises-1m-sti-76566.html