Sr. Manager Product Marketing at Twilio Inc. in San Francisco, CA
- Twilio is a simple, pay-as-you-go web service that empowers developers to build voice and SMS applications.
- Over 100,000 developers use Twilio - including start ups, Fortune 100 companies, and both major political parties.
- We are funded by top tier investors, have a great team and revenues are growing FAST.
- Twilio is disrupting the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us ruffle the suits - we’re just getting started.
About the Job:
The Sr. Manager of Product Marketing is part of a new team being built at Twilio. Individuals on this team will have the opportunity to shape the product marketing function ground up to meet the needs and objectives of the Company. The product marketing team will have the responsibility for marketing Twilio’s products as well as the solutions, which showcase the extensibility of the Twilio platform. Twilio’s target customers include both individual developers and companies, providing a unique marketing opportunity to do both business to business and business to consumer/developer marketing.
Role reports directly to the Director Product Marketing.
- Tracks market(s) and competitive intelligence
- Helps inform product requirements along side product management
- Plays key role in defining how products are presented to market e.g. solutions
- Participates in product pricing strategy
- Helps develop messaging and positioning for products
- Contributes content for products and related solutions
- Enables sales through development of appropriate tools
- Is a key participant in insuring field (Incl. sales and developer evangelists) readiness around products
- Promotes products among influencers: analysts, media and social influencers
- Serves as an active speaker for the Company
- Helps drive marketing aspects of product launches
- Supports sales in the field
- Only list what's absolutely necessary here. Try to keep it to five one-line bullets or less.
- Strong written and public speaking skills required
- Ability to balance multiple requirements in a fast paced/unstructured environment required
- Must know how to work with sales in the field
- 5+ years of product marketing experience
- Undergraduate degree in engineering and /or business/marketing; MBA preferred
- Marketing in a start-up environment required
- International experience a plus
- Developer skills a plus
- Software marketing required
- Agile development exposure required
- Business to business as well as business to user or consumer desired
- SaaS/Cloud offering exposure preferred
- Platform marketing experience a plus
- Background in telephony a plus
- Full benefits, including medical, dental and vision
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers
- Excellent gear (“We ❤ Apple computers and big monitors — two if you need ’em”);
- A strong belief in life/work balance
How to apply:
- Applications without cover letters will not be considered. We need people who can communicate in code and in English.
- Want to stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter. Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. We will not sponsor visas, nor will we hire consultants through sub-contractors that hold your visa.