We're sorry, but this job has been closed. See other open jobs at Twilio Inc.
Not the right job?
Software Engineering Intern at Twilio Inc. in San Francisco, CA
- Twilio is a simple, pay-as-you-go web service that empowers developers to build voice and SMS applications.
- Over 75,000 developers use Twilio - including start ups, Fortune 100 companies, and both major political parties.
- We are funded by top tier investors, have a great team and revenues are growing FAST.
- Twilio is disrupting the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us ruffle the suits - we’re just getting started.
About the Job:
- You will be working in a rapidly evolving and fast-paced environment, with a team that is implementing a reliable, auto-scaling, software-based telephony application stack on top of commodity cloud computing resources such as Amazon’s EC2.
- Engineers at Twilio solve problems in distributed computing, real-time DSP (audio processing), virtualization performance, distributed messaging busses and more.
- During your internship, you will be given responsibility for core features and services that ship our users. You will be expected to embrace these challenges, learn fast, and deliver great results.
- You will bring the willingness to learn and grow, and we will reciprocate with ample opportunity to do just that, in a friendly, fun and exciting startup environment.
- Learn to develop beautiful and profitable applications
- Demonstrate consistent improvement in your coding skills, issue-tracking and source control system skills, and agile development mentality
- Learn professional software engineering and participate in code reviews, bug tracking, project management with the rest of the Twilio team.
- Proven mastery of computer science fundamentals including networking, operating systems, and security.
- Love of software development with several side projects and you may even be active in the open source community.
- A hungry entrepreneurial and “can do” spirit, as evidenced by successful interest in learning new technologies such as node.js and no-sql.
This job is based in San Francisco, and is within walking distance to the BART and Caltrain. We are surrounded by dozens of shops, restaurants, and bars.