Spread the word
Not the right job?
Software Engineer at Twilio Inc. in San Francisco, CA
- Twilio is powering the future of business communications, providing a platform for building modern, communications–enabled applications - light, cloud-based, scalable, and user experience focused.
- Nearly 150,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building applications for security, privacy, and fraud prevention; customer service and help desk support; sales communications; marketing and lead management; business process and logistics; and business communications and collaboration.
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia, WalmartLabs, and ZenDesk.
- We are focused on enabling the DOers and obsessed with making communications-enabled applications simple to build.
- Within the first 6 months of work, you will design, prototype, implement and deploy one or more core Twilio platform services.
- The process will include developing an early understanding of the product, documenting design and code details and participating in peer code reviews. The resulting service will require integration with other existing Twilio systems, as well as with Twilio’s performance and availability monitoring suite.
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment) - cowboy coders need not apply.
- Collaborate across the company and interact with our customers (software engineers) to define, design and build new APIs.
- Tackle complex problems in distributed computing, virtualization performance, distributed queuing, real-time DSP (audio processing), and more.
To apply for the role of Software Engineer, you should have some or all of the following:
- A Bachelors or preferably Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Proficient background in networking, operating systems, and security
- 0-3+ Years of engineering experience with Python, PHP, C, C++ or Java
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing methodologies, and the ability to write, debug and deploy testing frameworks
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.
- Contributions to open source software projects
- Knowledge of document, key/value or other non-relational database system such as Redis, HBase, BigTable, Dynamo, etc.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures, layer 3 and 7 load balancers, and monitoring tools
- Good communication and organization skills
- Full benefits, including medical, dental and vision
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers
- Excellent gear (“We ❤ Apple computers and big monitors — two if you need ’em”);
- A strong belief in life/work balance