We're sorry, but this job has been closed. See other open jobs at Twilio Inc.
Not the right job?
Senior Software Engineer - Web at Twilio Inc. in San Francisco, CA
- Twilio is powering the future of business communications, providing a platform for building modern, communications–enabled applications - light, cloud-based, scalable, and user experience focused.
- Nearly 150,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building applications for security, privacy, and fraud prevention; customer service and help desk support; sales communications; marketing and lead management; business process and logistics; and business communications and collaboration.
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia, WalmartLabs, and ZenDesk.
- Twilio is energizing the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help modernize an enormous industry with software.
About the Job:
- We're seeking a Software Engineer to join Twilio's Web team and help build the best telecommunications API on the planet.
- This is a role focused on creating the next generation of tools to help our customers and operations teams manage their telecommunication infrastructure.
- Successful candidates will be strong full-stack developers with experience in creating user-facing features, maintaining large code bases, and engineering features with high scalability, security, and reliability.
- Work directly with product management to define, architect, and build new features.
- Maintain highly available, scalable, and reliable infrastructure.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years in industry as a developer working with public user-facing systems.
- Strong background in frontend engineering
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.
- Deductive reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative.
- You know the difference between an Abstract Base Class and an Interface, and when to use them.
- You have tuned an interface based off of customer feedback and empirical data.
- You have used pseudo-selectors, deferreds, and delegates in jQuery
- You have spent 4 hours figuring out what 4 characters are causing a bug
- You are passionate about making software that delights and simplifies.
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers
- Excellent gear (“We ❤ Apple computers and big monitors — two if you need ’em”);
- A strong belief in life/work balance
How to apply:
- Want to stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter. Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States .