We're sorry, but this job has been closed. See other open jobs at Twilio Inc.
Not the right job?
Senior Software Engineer - API at Twilio Inc. in San Francisco, CA
- Twilio is powering the future of business communications, providing a platform for building modern, communications–enabled applications - light, cloud-based, scalable, and user experience focused.
- Nearly 150,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building applications for security, privacy, and fraud prevention; customer service and help desk support; sales communications; marketing and lead management; business process and logistics; and business communications and collaboration.
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia, WalmartLabs, and ZenDesk.
- Twilio is energizing the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help modernize an enormous industry with software.
About the Job:
- We're seeking a Senior Engineer to join Twilio's API team and help build the best telecommunications API on the planet.
- This is a senior role focused on building new parts of Twilio's public HTTP API, and maintaining the framework that it's built on.
- Successful candidates will be strong developers with deep experience in HTTP and a passion for API design & REST.
- Own the framework of the API that is the core of Twilio's business. The Twilio API supports a wide range of communications functionality such as voice calls, SMS messaging and phone numbers and. Because of the product we offer, Twilio API requests must be highly reliable, highly available, and low latency.
- Work directly with product management to define, architect, and build new new customer-facing Twilio APIs.
- Tackle some of the most challenging problems in distributed computing, HTTP, API design, and more.
- Write quality, maintainable code in both PHP and Python with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years in industry as a developer working with HTTP, preferably in PHP and Python.
- Strong background in HTTP, networking, and security.
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative.
- You have a favorite HTTP status code
- You have an opinion about rails' move to using PATCH.
- You know what HTTP OPTIONS is and what you'd use it for.
- You've written a SPDY client and loved it.
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers
- Excellent gear (“We ❤ Apple computers and big monitors — two if you need ’em”);
- A strong belief in life/work balance
How to apply:
- Want to stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter. Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States .