We're sorry, but this job has been placed on hold. See other open jobs at Twilio Inc.
Not the right job?
Senior Mobile Engineer at Twilio Inc. in San Francisco, CA
- Twilio is powering the future of business communications, providing a platform for building modern, communications–enabled applications - light, cloud-based, scalable, and user experience focused.
- Nearly 100,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building applications for security, privacy, and fraud prevention; customer service and help desk support; sales communications; marketing and lead management; business process and logistics; and business communications and collaboration.
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia, WalmartLabs, and ZenDesk.
- We are focused on enabling the DOers and obsessed with making communications-enabled applications simple to build.
About the Job:
- We are looking for a Senior Mobile Engineer to support the next phase of Twilio's mobile platform and APIs. You will be a key technical contributor at Twilio.
- You will make significant architectural decisions and also work with teams on high performance / high availability distributed systems. We are looking for someone who can code and mentor a team of developers working on iOS and Android.
- Be part of the core engineering team developing the Twilio Client mobile SDK for Android and iOS. The Twilio Client SDK is a core part of the Twilio business that allows developers to integrate VoIP calling into any mobile app.
- Work on iOS / Android application architecture and drive development using the latest mobile standards.
- Participate in all phases of our software development life cycle to convert concepts and specifications into relased iOS / Android applications and features.
- Interact daily with the systems and processes used in professional software development, including source control, bug tracking, testing, etc.
- Mastery of iPhone and / or Android technologies (Objective C, Cocoa, Java, iPhone SDK, Android SDK).
- 3 - 5+ Years of engineering experience with Objective C or Java or C/C++
- A solid understanding of networking, algorithms, memory management, and concurrent programming
- Strong experience detecting and correcting memory usage issues, and optimizing code for application performance
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev / stage / prod release cycle, continuous deployment) - cowboy coders need not apply.
Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced startup. We ship to thousands of people on a very regular basis, with tight schedules and small teams, and it takes a certain kind of energy and drive to get it done!
- You contribute to or maintain an open source project
- A passion for strong security
- If you have one or more applications in the app store.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental and vision
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers
- Excellent gear (“We ❤ Apple computers and big monitors — two if you need ’em”);
- A strong belief in life/work balance
How to apply:
- Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Here's some stuff you can include in your cover letter to move your resume to the top of the pile:
- Include a link to an app you built using Twilio.
- Discuss why you are passionate about building engineering teams and culture.