We're sorry, but this job has been closed. See other open jobs at Twilio Inc.
Not the right job?
Senior API Developer at Twilio Inc. in San Francisco, CA
- Twilio is a simple, pay-as-you-go web service that empowers developers to build voice and SMS applications.
- Over 90,000 developers use Twilio - including startups, Fortune 100 companies, and both major political parties.
- We are funded by top tier investors, have a great team and revenues are growing FAST.
- Twilio is disrupting the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us ruffle the suits; we’re just getting started.
About the Job:
- We're seeking a Senior Engineer to join Twilio's API team and help build the best telecommunications API on the planet.
- This is a senior role focused on building new parts of Twilio's public HTTP API, and maintaining the framework that it's built on.
- Successful candidates will be strong developers with deep experience in HTTP and a passion for API design & REST.
- Own the API framework that is the core of Twilio's business. The Twilio API supports a wide range of communications functionality including voice calls, SMS messaging and phone numbers. The Twilio API must be highly reliable, highly available, and low latency.
- Work directly with product management to define, architect, and build new customer-facing Twilio APIs.
- Tackle some of the most challenging problems in distributed computing, HTTP, API design, and more.
- Write quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years in industry as a developer working with HTTP, in a variety of languages including Python.
- Strong background in HTTP, networking, and security.
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative.
- You have a favorite HTTP status code.
- You have an opinion about rails' move to using PATCH.
- You know what HTTP OPTIONS is and what you'd use it for.
- You've written a SPDY client and loved it.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental and vision.
- An Amazon Kindle on your first day, and $30/month to spend on books (Twilio wants you informed).
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers.
- Excellent gear (“We ❤ Apple computers and big monitors — two if you need ’em”);
- A strong belief in life/work balance.
- Twilio track jacket and shoes after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
How to apply:
Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Here’s what you can include in your cover letter to move your resume to the top of the pile:
- Include a link to an app you built using Twilio.